chapter sixteen

StoryBrooke

"I haven't really heard anything for a while." I said to Henry as we walked down the main road of StoryBrooke, hands held.
"Neither." Henry replied. "But..."
"What?"
"I brung you out here to take you to Granny's because something has happened, actually?"
"What's that?"
"Robin's saved!" He grinned.
"Wait what? What happened to Robin in the first place? Did I miss something?"
"Yeah, well, Robin was taken by this creature and was going to be dragged to The Underworld. Regina sacrificed herself but Mary Margaret, King Arthur, David and Grumpy helped fight it off."
"So Robin's okay? He's safe?"
Henry nodded. "We're safe. Now follow me."

We arrived at Granny's and was greeted by everyone. David got us some drinks whilst Henry and I sat down opposite each-other.

Around half an hour in Hook stood up and walked over to the bar stools and called over Granny. I'm assuming he wants some time on his own. I don't blame him. It must be hard to watch the one you love the most become dark. Belle then walked in, gave Henry and I a small wave, then David and Mary Margaret before walking over to us and focusing her attention on Neal. "Hello!" She said in a high pitched yet soft voice, causing the baby giggle and dribble. Bless him. She then asked us about Hook. "I don't know," I began. "It's probably related to Emma, I don't blame him to be honest."
"I'm gonna try and talk to him." Belle said to me.
I shrugged. "Sure, you could give it a try."

Once Belle was gone I turned to Henry, who kept looking behind him. I looked over his shoulder and saw nothing but the jukebox Granny has in her café and a girl with dark, brown, curly hair in a long lilac dress. She's definitely from Camelot.
"What's wrong?" I asked Henry, my brows furrowed.
"Oh, nothing." He answered, perhaps a bit too quickly.
I titled my head to the side with confusion before shrugging it off. "Okay... I'm just gonna go to the toilet, I'll be back in a sec."
He smiled. "Okay."
I stood up and walked towards the female toilets. I definitely knew something was up with him, he was acting differently and he wasn't being very subtle about it...

Once I returned to the table I immediately realised Henry was no longer there. I sat down where I was previously sitting. "Where's Henry gone?" I asked David and Mary Margaret.
They both looked at me confused, then looked around the café. The first thing I realised after that was the awkward expression on David's face.
"What?" I laughed. Is David joking about or something?
"I think Henry's making a new friend." Mary Margaret said.
I smiled, "that's cool perhaps I could come over and he could introduce me-"
"I don't think you'd want to." David said, interrupting me.
"Why?" I asked, my smile fading.
He slowly turned his head around. I followed his eyes towards the jukebox and saw Henry stood there with the girl I saw earlier. They were both smiling and laughing and at that moment my smile faded completely.
"Oh, uh," I began. "Yeah, perhaps I won't go over there they seem-" A small lump forming in my throat cut me off but I swallowed it back down. "They seem pretty content at the moment, you know..." I finished, standing up and grabbing my jacket beside me. I put on my jacket and headed for the door before David called out my name. I turned around. "I'm sure he'd never do anything to hurt you."
A familiar song sounded from the jukebox, quietly playing in the corner of the room. That's my favourite song. I said to myself. And Henry's listening to it with her, smiling and laughing - as if I left and was never going to come back - as if I'd never know what he's doing.
I faked a smile at David and Mary Margaret. I'm pretty sure it didn't look very believable. "Yeah, I'm sure."
I then turned my back to the café and walked out.

I walked into the middle of the main road going down Storybrooke. Not many cars pass through here anyways and if one does I can just move out of the way.
I sniffed and wiped a single tear away and folded my arms.
After a couple of footsteps I saw a dark figure stood a few yards in front of me. I squinted and took a hard look at the figure. Is that... Emma? I took a couple more steps towards the figure and soon enough realised it was Emma. My heart began to speed up. Not gonna lie, I was pretty scared of her. But Emma didn't look very scary at all. She looked rather... sad... actually.
"Emma...?" I whispered.
"It's great, isn't it?" She said to me, not bothering to whisper. I don't get why she would anyways. And why was I whispering?
"W-what do you mean?"
"When you see the ones you love the most spending time with others that aren't you; laughing, smiling, looking happy. But you're not there. You're not included."
"Emma, I-"
Before I could carry on she waved her hand in the air and she disappeared within a cloud of smoke.