chapter twenty-seven

"A riveting tale: Snow likes oatmeal." Hook said, sarcastically. "Is my morning breakfast in there too?"
Henry rolled his eyes.
"Henry I thought you were going to use your author powers to get us to defeat Hades." Hook told him.
"I don't even remember writing this; I just woke up and had it done." He replied.
"Okay. It's really well written..." Emma said.
"Yes and the illustrations are lovely."
Brooke had to try and not scoff at how Henry's moms were trying to cheer him up.
"Maybe if you focus harder-" Emma began, but Henry cut her off.
"Oh, so you're all authors now! Everyone's a writer, everyone's got an idea! I'm doing my best!" Henry complained, gathering up the pieces of paper. "Maybe if you'd just lay off for a little bit." He sarcastically smiled before walking away.
"Henry, where are you going?" Regina questioned.
"Upstairs!" He yelled before running up the stairs.
"Well we officially have a teenager on our hands." Emma sighed.

Brooke sighed. "I'll go and talk to him."
Emma smiled. "Thanks Brooke. Out of all of us he'd most likely talk to you right now."
Brooke nodded before walking upstairs and knocking on Henry's door, despite the fact it was technically her room too, for the time being. "Can I come in?" She asked.
She heard a faint "Yes." and walked in to see Henry sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor.
Brooke sighed and sat next to her boyfriend. "I think what you did was pretty good."
Henry didn't reply.
"And Regina was leading onto something, I bet none of them could draw as well as you."
She saw a smile cracking on Henry's lips and she gently nudged her shoulder against his. "And for the record, I never knew Snow likes oatmeal so your writing is pretty factual."
This time Henry chuckled a little, which made Brooke smile. He turned to her, their lips were almost touching. "I love you, you know that right?"
Brooke slowly nodded her head. "I love you too."
Their lips met and slowly moved in sync, both smiling through the kiss.

Brooke soon pulled away to see Henry still smiling. "Did that cheer you up a little?"
Henry lightly laughed and nodded. "It did, but I've really got to carry on with it."
"Can I watch?" Brooke asked, eagerly.
Henry nodded and turned around, lying his stomach on the bed. He ushered for her to lie next to him, which she did. She watched the pen glow once it made contact with Henry's hand and watched her boyfriend write, the same smile still on her face.

***

After about half an hour of sitting there in silence, Henry snapped back into reality. "I did it!" He almost shouted, making Brooke jump. He turned to his girlfriend. "Did you see that?"
Brooke laughed and nodded. "I did. You looked like you were in some sort of trance."
"I've gotta tell my moms." Henry said, excitedly getting up. Him and Brooke ran down the stairs. "It happened!" Henry announced. "It happened again!" He handed it to David. "Take a look."
"It's Neal." Snow said, looking at the drawing.
"Why did you write this?" David asked his grandson.
"It's like before; I did it. I just... don't remember. It just wrote itself."
"Yeah, it's like he's in some sort of trance when writing." Brooke chimed in.
"The infant son of Snow White and Prince Charming looked up at the tiny glass unicorns as they stirred by the wind. But on this night he didn't he didn't hear the chime of crystal. Instead, he heard the voices of his mother, Snow White and his father, Prince Charming." Emma read out.
Brooke watched Mary Margaret and David smile at each-other with tears in their eyes and she looked at her boyfriend, unbelievably proud of him.
"They sang a lullaby until he fell asleep soundly as if he were in their arms." Emma finished.
"He heard us!" Mary Margaret exclaimed.
David sighed a happy sigh and rubbed his grandson's arm. "Thanks, Henry."
"I don't know about everybody else but I'm really ready to go back to my family." Mary Margaret sighed.
Brooke chuckled. "Believe me, same here."
Mary Margaret nodded. "No more waiting. We can save ourselves. We're going to take down Hades and we're going to do it now."