chapter twenty-eight

"Careful, lads. Hades has eyes and ears everywhere. We can't trust anyone here." Hook told Brooke, Henry and David.
"Is the line always this long?" Henry asked.
"That's what I was thinking. At this rate it'll be dark - well, darker than it already is before I get to speak to my mom." Brooke said.
"No, something's wrong... hey!" David yelled. "What do you think you're doing?"
"What does it look like, darling? I'm fulfilling my mayoral responsibilities by adding some improvements." Cruella replied before yelling at the man to get on with it.
"No!" David protested. "This is the only chance these people have to contact their loved ones."
"Oh, you mean it's your only opportunity to reach out and haunt your infant son. Looks like chisel chin junior will just have to go to bed without what I can imagine is a terribly dull bedtime story."
"Why are you doing this?" David asked Cruella.
"Is it because I won't write you back to life?" Henry questioned.
"No, Henry, darling. I'm not the one who ordered all the phones to be ripped out down here." She replied.
"Hades." Brooke sighed.
"Well, with all you heroes running around the place he feels as if there is a little too much hope bubbling up in his realm." Cruella told them.
"You can tell him it's gonna take a lot more than ripping our phones to discourage us." David shot back.
"I will. But in the meantime, if you wanted to strike a deal, I could look the other way while you make one last call." Cruella said, taking a few steps closer to David. "I'm assuming I'd have the author and his pen to write me back to life." She played with his tie.

David grabbed her arm and harshly pulled it away from him. "We're not making deals with you." He hissed.
"Have it your way. Do it, Claude." Cruella stared at David. "Ta ta, darlings."

***

"What you're capable of is great, you know that right?" Brooke asked Henry as he finished writing his sentence beside his illustration of Ruby and Dorothy kissing.

Snow had gone back to Storybrooke to see Neal. David preferred her to go instead of him so Hook changed Snow's name on the gravestone to David's. But on her way, she helped Ruby confess her love for Dorothy and use True Love's Kiss to wake her.

"Thanks." Henry smiled. "But I better show grandpa."
Brooke nodded as the two got up and ran downstairs.
"Grandpa!" Henry called. "I thought you'd like to see the latest."
David held the paper in his hands and smiled.
"Grandma made it back to Storybrooke."
"Thanks, kid. Now, let's go figure out how to join them."

"What is it?" Emma asked as David, Henry and Brooke walked towards them.
"Look, she made it!"
Emma looked at her father before happily looking at the paper.

Brooke smiled and turned to Henry and nudged his shoulder. Henry turned to her.
"You know for the record, making people smile is better than anything else a hero can do."
Henry smiled and shuffled closer to his girlfriend, taking hold of her hand and kissing her temple.