chapter seventeen

storybrooke

I sat alone in my room doing everything I possibly could to take my mind off of Henry. It wasn't really working...
"Perhaps David is right," I whispered to myself. "Surely he wouldn't want to hurt me."
The strangest thing was that I recognised the girl. I knew her from somewhere but I can't remember. Perhaps I met her in Camelot, we could've been really good friends for all I know.

My phone then buzzed, dragging me back to reality and out of my horrible thoughts. It was Henry. I unlocked my phone and read his text:

hey, where'd you go? xxx

oh, i felt a bit sick and wanted to go home.

are you okay? what's wrong, do you want me to come over? xxx

no, it's fine don't worry. i don't want you catching anything just incase it's contagious.

okay, love you xxx

love you too.
read 7:31pm

I smiled a little at love you. Yes, I was being pretty blunt but I wasn't in the best of moods. I put my phone down and walked down the stairs into the kitchen. My mom was in there chopping carrots. "Hey, honey, you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. "What's for dinner?"
"You've got spaghetti but I wasn't in the mood for so I'm making myself something different."
"Cool."
"Why're you back so early? Weren't you meant to be with Henry and his family?"
I nodded. "Yeah, but I felt a little sick and wanted to come home."
She stopped what she was doing and frowned, walking towards me and placing a hand on my forehead. "You seem fine..."
"It's more of a stomach pain... cramps, you know?"
She chucked and nodded. "Oh, yes. I know. Do you want something to kill the pain?"
I smiled. "I'm good thanks." Before walking back up the stairs and back into my room.

I was lying down in bed watching my favourite film: Love Actually... perfect film for the situation I'm in, am I right?
The door then cracked open and I heard a familiar voice ask: "can I come in?"
I nodded, mentally sighing because that voice was Henry's.
He walked into my room and sat on my bed beside my feet. "Is it okay if I lie or..."
I nodded and shuffled to the side a little. He took of his shoes and lifted up the covers, resting beside me.
"You watching Love Actually again?" He grinned.
"Yeah."
"You really love that film, don't you?" He asked me. I didn't make eye contact with him, I just kept me eyes on my laptop. But then I felt his fingers softly hold my chin and turn it towards him. "You seem pretty off with me, are you okay? Have I done something because if I have please tell me."
"Off?" I asked, as if I had no idea what he was talk about.
"Come on, Brooke. I'm not stupid. Besides, you weren't sending kisses after your texts and ended them with full stops. Plus, you were actually texting properly. You never do any of that."
I looked away from Henry but he took hold of my chin again and turned my head back towards him and kissed me passionately.
I can't lie when I say this but I was mad at Henry but his kisses could cure anything. I could be so mad at him and swear to myself to never forgive him but once his lips connect with mine I instantly forgive him.

I pulled away a little too soon and smiled.
"We've been together for almost a year now. I'm 17 and you're 16 yet this is the first time we've laid in bed together and kissed." He laughed.
I laughed and nodded. "True actually."
"Mind if I stay and finish the film with you?" Henry asked.
I kind of wanted to say no because I was still pretty worried about the girl that Henry seemed pretty friendly with but nevertheless, I pushed that thought aside and nodded.
"Thanks" He smiled, kissing my right temple.