Chapter 6

1075 words

"Well... what can I say to entertain you?" Wonwoo asks, still confused about this whole situation.

"Just talk to me, anything basically," Mingyu answers and Wonwoo hears shuffling again.

"Are you in bed?"

"Yes, but I just can't fall asleep,"

"Have you tried listening to music?"

"Yes, I have, but it doesn't help me that much. I guess I should listen to something soothing,"

"I can send you link to my playlist," Wonwoo sayssuddenly, without thinking it through.

"Oh really?"

"Yes,"

"That'd be cool, I'd love to know what you listen to," Mingyu says, making Wonwoo regret his words.

What if Mingyu finds the songs on his playlist ridiculous? Why in the world am I even thinking that? It does not matter anyway, Wonwoo thinks to himself. For some odd reason he has never been comfortable with telling people his favorite songs and music genres he listens to.

But he decides to not make a big deal out of it, at least for this once, and makes himself a bit more comfortable on his bed.

"Are you in bed as well?" Mingyu distracts Wonwoo from his thoughts.

"Yes, I was about to do my homework,"

"Oh, me too, but I kinda gave up when I realized I know no shit,"

_____

They end up talking about many different things and Wonwoo notices Mingyu's words getting slower and sleepier all the time. Wonwoo looks at the clock and notices that it is already two at night. 

"Oh my god, how did time go so fast? It's two o'clock!" Wonwoo shouts genuinely surprised, forgetting that he might wake her mom up.

"What?! Have we seriously spent two hours talking?" Mingyu wonders at least as surprised as Wonwoo.

"Oh wow, we have school tomorrow... Should we go to sleep?" Wonwoo sighs and looks at his forgotten school books on his table. He did not do his homework. Apparently Mingyu is a lot more interesting than his lame homework.

"Yeah, I think so," Mingyu yawns and Wonwoo smiles at how sleepy his voice is.

Mingyu's sleepy voice is so cute, Wonwoo thinks to himself, It's lower, softer and slower than usually and it just sounds so calming. Wonwoo could listen to it for the rest of the night if he did not have school the next day.

"Ok goodnight Ming,"

"Goodnight Won,"

Wonwoo can not help but slightly chuckle at their nicknames for each other. It sounds so cute when Mingyu calls him by his nickname.

They still have not hung up. Wonwoo waits for Mingyu to hung up since he himself is way too lazy to raise his hand, look at the phone and end the call. Mingyu apparently seems to be doing the same.

"Mingming, can you pretty please end the call?" Wonwoo asks with his sluggish voice.

"Ah I'm too tired, Wonwon," Mingyu answers playfully.

"Respect the elder and end the call with your yet healthy hands," Wonwoo says jokingly and Mingyu laughs.

"Like you'd be an oldster, c'mon Wonwoo. Ok whatever, grandpa, goodnight I'm going to hung up," Mingyu says humor in his voice and Wonwoo is sure Mingyu is smiling right now.

"Goodnight, kiddo," Wonwoo says for the second time that night and then Mingyu hungs up.

Wonwoo is too tired to change his clothes or turn the lights off so he just grabs his blanket and snuggles to it, soon falling asleep.

On the morning Wonwoo regrets staying up last night. He did not do his homework, nor did he shower. But in the end he kind of does not regret it. He got to talk to Mingyu, whom he has always wanted to get to know. He never thought he would have any chances to talk to him, and now he has spent time with him and talked to him on the phone. And all that happened in 24 hours. They even have nicknames for each other. Is it even normal to get this friendly so quickly?

Wonwoo rushes downstairs to eat his breakfast and notices that his mom has already left to work, as usual. He quickly shoves something to his mouth and runs to the closest bus stop, in order to make it in time to school. Wonwoo greets the grumpy bus driver and tries to find a place where to sit. The bus is unusually full but he still manages to find few free seats from the back, and sits down. He takes his headphones out and starts listening to music like he always does on his way to school. He stares out the window and gazes off wearily.

He jumps startled when someone sits next to him suddenly. He snaps his head up, and sees smiling Mingyu next to him.

"Holy shit, Mingyu, you scared me!" Wonwoo blurts out, earning some stares from the others in the bus. He plugs the headphones from his ears and shoves them back to his pocket.

"Shh, take it easy grandpa, I'm sorry, ok?" Mingyu says laughing at the other's cute, confused expression.

"This is the second time already, geez..." Wonwoo mutters, making Mingyu let out a slight laugh which causes Wonwoo to smile.

"Did you sleep well?" Mingyu asks then, no fatigue showing on his face.

"Yeah I did, when I finally went to sleep," Wonwoo answers and is aware that he looks like he has not gotten sleep for the last few months.

"You know, you can still sleep for awhile on our way to school," Mingyu says after checking the time, "I can wake you up when we get to the school,"

Wonwoo hums in response, closes his eyes and rests his head to the uncomfortable headrest, trying to make himself as comfortable as possible. Mingyu chuckles and softly places Wonwoo's head to lean on his shoulder, causing Wonwoo's heart to beat faster and stomach to drop. Wonwoo can now smell the gentle scent of Mingyu's cologne, shampoo or whatever it is that makes Mingyu smell like vanilla. He tries to stay calm, keep his eyes shut and not make any sudden moves. And he really does try to take a short nap but he is way too nervous to relax, let alone fall asleep. So he just rests his head on Mingyu's shoulder, eyes closed, and tries his best to act as if he would be sleeping.

// I'm trying to update more often since my updates are short yEeE. school sucks I'm so dead