Chapter 29

938 words

Mingyu's point of view

Mingyu struggles looking for Wonwoo in the crowd. Seokmin's house is full of people, which surprises Mingyu slightly. He did not expect this huge crowd of people.

It has been quite a long time since Mingyu himself went to a party, yet he still doesn't really miss this.

Mingyu sees many familiar faces, but he still can't find Wonwoo. He considers being an asshole and shutting the music down and shouting Wonwoo's name, but that'd just be a bit too much so he settles to just shoving himself through the loud, dancing crowd and trying to catch a sight of the boy he's looking for.

He sees a glimpse of Jun though, so he starts making his way towards him to ask if he knows where Wonwoo is.

"Jun! HEY! Hey Jun! Do you happen to know where Wonwoo is?!"

"What? I didn't --, quite hear you," Jun hiccups, and Mingyu repeats his question. Jun's face lightens up finally as he hears what Mingyu is trying to say.

"Oh, Wonwoo! He went towards the bathroom a while ago," Jun making gestures towards hallway.

"Okay, thank you!" Mingyu smiles briefly, and practically starts running towards the hallway.

As he looks for the bathroom, he opens few doors, and unfortunately sees a couple making out (and maybe doing something a bit more) in one of the rooms. He quickly slams the door closed, and continues looking for the bathroom.

When he finally gets to the last door of the hallway, it's locked. Mingyu is almost 100% sure that it's the bathroom he's looking for and that there's Wonwoo, so he dares to knock on the door.

"Wonwoo? Wonwoo? Are you there? Wonwoo?" He shouts through the door.

No answer.

"Please Wonwoo, if you're there just let me know you're okay!"

No answer.

"Wonwoo?!" Mingyu starts banging his fists at the door.

No answer.

Mingyu starts getting impatient, "look, I'm sorry! I know that I've been an asshole but please open the goddamn door!!"

He then starts thinking that maybe Wonwoo isn't there. He takes his phone and decides to call him.

When he hears the familiar ringtone ringing faintly through the door, his mood lifts up. But he quickly realizes that if Wonwoo is in the bathroom and he hasn't reacted to Mingyu banging on the door and he doesn't even pick up his phone everything is not okay.

He starts panicking, and knocks on the door harder and harder, shouts and even screams as loud as he can, but he still gets no answer. When he starts kicking on the door, someone in the hallway tells him to calm down. Mingyu just ignores him, and kicks on the door harder. He's trying to break the door so that he can get Wonwoo out of the bathroom.

Soon few guys grab Mingyu by his jacket and try to drag him away from the door, but Mingyu just shoves the guys away and continues to hitting and kicking. The door is not giving up, but neither is Mingyu.

One of the guys finally shoves Mingyu away from the door harshly, so that Mingyu falls on the ground.

"STOP BREAKING THE DOOR, ASSHOLE!" The guy shouts at Mingyu, kicking him at his leg, and Mingyu flinches slightly. The guy stinks like alcohol.

Mingyu gets up and doesn't even care about the guy, as he just continues kicking the door in panic. He's not even aware that there's a lot of people around him now, staring at him banging on the door of the bathroom.

He gets interrupted when the same guy who shoved him away hits him on the face. And he hits him hard.

"WAIT FOR YOUR FUCKING TURN, FAGGOT!" The guy shouts, spit flying to Mingyu's face, and he punches Mingyu another time.

Mingyu's hands fly automatically up to his face where the guy hit him. He notices that his face is wet when he touches it. Is it his tears or blood?

"MY FRIEND IS FUCKING THERE AND HE'S NOT OKAY, I NEED TO GET HIM OUT OF THERE!" Mingyu shouts even louder than the guy.

The guy is almost twice Mingyu's size and normally Mingyu would be scared for his life, but right now he can hear his blood rushing in his ears and his heart beating in his throat. The adrenaline is running in his veins.

When Mingyu finally gets himself away from the guy, he kicks the door real hard once, and the door cracks a bit. As Mingyu keeps on kicking the door, it finally gives up and Mingyu is able to break it.

As Mingyu sees to the bathroom, he crawls to the slumped person lying on the ground of the bathroom. Wonwoo.

Mingyu tries to get Wonwoo to his senses by shouting his name, slapping his face and shaking him by his shoulders but nothing seems to work. Mingyu starts having trouble to breath as his cries get more and more desperate. Seeing that his friend is not waking up makes the sobs leave his mouth uncontrollably. He repeats Wonwoo's name desperately, apologies falling from his regretful lips. The tears stream down his face, neck and then drop to Wonwoo's face who just lies there lifelessly.

And then Mingyu feels someone grab him by his arms, trying to untangle him from Wonwoo, but he's protesting by squeezing Wonwoo's arm in his hands even harder, refusing to let go of him.

He hears someone telling him to let go of Wonwoo. Then a faint sound of sirens. Then nothing.

He sees yellow, bright yellow. Then white. Then nothing.

// SO DRAMATIC GOD

double update just bc i can (and bc i haven't updated for a long time) AND I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :)