Chapter 32

1438 words

// OMG IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH SINCE I LAST TIME UPDATED WTF IM SORRY IVE BEEN BUSY

"Okay, grandpa! We need to get you out of bed!", Mingyu states merrily as he starts pulling Wonwoo out of his bed by his arms, breaking the short, awkward silence that had followed after the boys had both admitted that they have missed each other.

Warm feeling fills Wonwoo when he hears the nickname Mingyu hasn't used for so long and he can't help but chuckle slightly.

It feels like the last time he heard that nickname was ages ago. And damn, if it feels like that "grandpa thing" was ages ago then it feels like it was eons ago when they met for the very first time. He can't believe how much has happened since the day he literally bumped into Mingyu one day after his work shift at the art school. 

What he finds even harder to believe is how the hell he managed without ever so gleeful Mingyu for so long. They didn't spend time together for many weeks and Wonwoo had this weird hatred for Mingyu (which eventually led to him ending up in the hospital).

He has forgiven Mingyu already (if there even was anything that Mingyu needed to be forgiven for; Wonwoo has started to think that maybe there was no real reason to even resent Mingyu in the first place. To be honest, the only one he is truly mad at is himself).

Mingyu seems to catch on the messiness of Wonwoo's thoughts as he stops pulling Wonwoo out of the bed and observes him carefully, not letting go of Wonwoo's hand. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I just," Wonwoo starts, all serious. "I just really want to spend this day in the bed!" he finishes, laughing, as he pulls Mingyu to the bed as well. It's large enough for both of them to fit.

Mingyu laughs and Wonwoo thinks his heart skips a beat or two, "All day? You want to stay in bed all day?"

Wonwoo just nods in all seriousness.

"I thought that you would have gotten enough of laying in bed already. I'd be bored out of my mind!" 

"Well, it's not boring with you," Wonwoo mutters quietly, but Mingyu hears it anyway.

"Awh, you really missed me," Mingyu elbows Wonwoo playfully, teasing him, but the smile that makes his eyes sparkle gives it away that he has missed Wonwoo just as much. Maybe even more.

"Well, okay. Whatever the grandpa wants to do. But we're definitely going to need some pizza for our lazy day!"

*****

Everything goes smoothly, so smoothly that Wonwoo starts to question that there even was a time when they didn't talk at all. Although Wonwoo has already kind of forgotten the feeling of not having Mingyu around, he still hasn't forgotten about their little 'grocery store incident' from the other day and it really keeps on bothering him. 

And even though he has Mingyu right in front of him, even though he can smell the sweet scent of Mingyu, even though his leg brushes Mingyu's anytime he moves, he still can't help feeling scared of losing Mingyu again. It's certain that it's Mingyu in front of him but it's not certain that he's going to stay there, in Wonwoo's life. And after seeing what life is without Mingyu, he feels scared. He can't make it without Mingyu.

The argument they had in front of the grocery store the other day keeps bugging him and he can't push it away as if it never happened. And as if Mingyu would be able to read Wonwoo like an open book, he notices the sudden seriousness in Wonwoo's features, and puts down the pizza slice he was passionately eating.