Chapter 23

1596 words 

On his way to Seokmin's house, Wonwoo starts to get nervous. He squints to see the address on his phone, and then looks around to see if he's even on the right road. He's fully focused on searching Seokmin's address on Google Maps that he doesn't even notice someone walking behind him and gets startled when he hears that person talk suddenly.

"Are you going to Seokmin's party?" A voice of a guy behind him says, and Wonwoo turns around quickly. 

"Y-yeah, I am," Wonwoo stutters, still a bit startled, "how'd you know?" 

The guy before him doesn't even look the slightest bit familiar to Wonwoo. Wonwoo's sure he's never seen this guy. 

"I kinda just guessed. But I'm too! Do you know where the house is?" the brown-haired boy asks excitedly, and Wonwoo shakes his head, frowning a bit. 

"We can look for it together now! It's good that I run onto you because I don't really know this place at all since I'm not from here," the guy talks.

"Well, then we'll have to rely on Google Maps because although I've lived pretty near here all my life I'm still not familiar with this neighborhood," Wonwoo chuckles slightly.

"So... What's your name?" Wonwoo asks curiously when they start walking, Wonwoo showing the way, looking at his phone and taking brief glances at the boy next to him. He's pretty good-looking.

"Hoshi," the boy smiles, and Wonwoo's mouth curls to a smile as well. 

"I'm Wonwoo."

_____

On their way to Seokmin's house the boys fill the awkwardness of first meeting by talking. It doesn't take long for them to find Seokmin's house and soon they're stepping to the house full of dancing people, Wonwoo feeling happy that he run into Hoshi so that he doesn't have to go there alone. He didn't expect there to be that many people. He recognizes many of them from school but he's pretty sure none of them know him.

"There's Seokmin, we should go greet him or something," Hoshi says, nudging Wonwoo's arm slightly to get his attention. Wonwoo nods and the boys start making their way towards Seokmin. 

"Heyyyy, my duuudes!" Seokmin shouts as soon as he notices Hoshi and Wonwoo, wrapping his arms around the two boys' necks.

Hoshi chuckles at Seokmin, untangling himself from Seokmin's grip, "well hello to you too."

Seokmin looks a bit tipsy already even though the party has just started, "do you have any drinks with you?"

Hoshi and Wonwoo look at each other, both shaking their heads.

"That's okay, because I have a lot!" Seokmin claps his hands, giggling and making Hoshi chuckle at him again, "follow me. I'll give you two a few drinks!"

Seokmin's few drinks turn out to be a bit more than a few. Hoshi and Wonwoo both end up with ten beer bottles in front of them, which is definitely  too much for a starter like Wonwoo. But he's not even planning on drinking all of them anyway.

After Seokmin has given the boys those 'few drinks' he disappears somewhere, saying that he needs to go check on something. Hoshi starts drinking his drinks right away, but Wonwoo just sits there next to Hoshi, looking around confusedly and his drinks yet untouched.