Chapter 12

1081 words

The closing credits start rolling, and Wonwoo sighs internally. The movie is over, and soon the comfort of Mingyu's bed is as well. If he was able to choose, he'd never get up from Mingyu's warm and comfortable bed.

Mingyu and Wonwoo have become a lot more comfortable with each other during the day they've spent together, and Wonwoo feels like their friendship has gotten bit deeper, if that's even possible to happen in one day.

Mingyu hums, eyes closed, "The bed is way too comfy to leave yet."

Wonwoo agrees, and they just lay in silence. For five minutes, they stay completely silent. It's not an awkward silence, and that's when Wonwoo realizes that they really have gotten close to each other.

Wonwoo thinks of the day, feeling overall happy. He had a nice day. They went to swimming, ate good food and even watched a movie together. And all that happened in one day. So much in such a short time.

Suddenly Wonwoo becomes aware of the fact that he hasn't looked at clock for a long time. He has no idea how much it is already. Time flies always when he's with Mingyu. Wonwoo looks at his phone.

00.14??

He sits up, double-checking the time from the clock on Mingyu's table. It really is past midnight already. How did time go so fast? Wonwoo is surprised that his mom hasn't called him yet and told to come home.

Mingyu opens his eyes, "What's wrong?"

His sleepy voice is the best thing Wonwoo has probably ever heard and it makes him want to suffocate Mingyu with hugs.

"It's late. I should probably get going," Wonwoo answers and Mingyu scrunches his nose.

"But... what if... you stay over?" He suggests carefully. It does sound tempting. He wouldn't have to go to home and he could spend even more time with Mingyu.

"But wait, what would your parents say? Do they even know I'm here?" Wonwoo realizes to ask.

"I did tell my mom that I'm hanging out with a friend of mine today. And I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you stay over. But I can go and see if she's still awake and ask her."

Wonwoo nods and so Mingy gets up and goes downstairs. Soon Mingyu comes back, his mom following him.

"Hello, Wonwoo!" Mingyu's mom greets happily, "I didn't know you and Mingyu are friends."

Wonwoo greets her politely and smiles.

"You know each other?!" Mingyu asks shocked, looking at his mom and then back at Wonwoo, eyes wide.

"Wonwoo was the gentleman who helped Nari to get home," Mingyu's mom smiles heartily.

"Oh yeah, that." Mingyu looks relieved.

"Oh, and you're always welcome to stay over if you just have a permission," Mingyu's mom smiles, "Come eat something. You two must be hungry."

She exits the room, and Mingyu closes the door behind her, rolling his eyes.

"She necessarily wanted to come to say hi to you," he says, plopping to the bed next to Wonwoo, "And I can tell that she likes you already. How'd you do that? You charm everyone."

Wonwoo just smiles, "She seems really nice."

"So, are you going to stay over?" Mingyu asks, and Wonwoo swears that he heard a hint of hopefulness in his voice.

"I have to text my mom and ask her, but I think I will," he says, taking his phone and typing a quick message to his mother apologizing for not telling her earlier and asking for a permission to stay over. Soon his mom answers promising him to stay over, and Wonwoo sends her many heart emojis, partly sarcastically.

"You never send me heart emojis. I'm hurt," Mingyu fake pouts.

"You're not my mom," Wonwoo jokes, internally screaming because of Mingyu's overly cute oh-i-am-so-sad face.

"Duh, you still should."

"Whatever," Wonwoo laughs.

"What's my name on your phone?" Mingyu asks.

"Mingyu."

"Too lame."

"Just like you are," Wonwoo jokes, sticking his tongue out, "Well, what's my name then?"

"Not telling you," Mingyu teases, causing Wonwoo to throw a pillow at him.

"I told you! Now it's your turn to tell me!" Wonwoo insist.

"Yours was too lame! It doesn't count!" Mingyu protests.

"If you're not telling, I'm going to punish you," Wonwoo threatens, throwing another pillow at Mingyu.

"Ohh, tough grandpa," Mingyu laughs, hugging the pillow that Wonwoo threw at him, and starts singing Tough Cookie by Zico.

"I'm warning you," Wonwoo says, trying to hold back his laughter.

"CAUSE I'M TOUGH COOKIE, TOUGH COOKIE, TOUGH COOKIE, TOUGH--."

"Oh my god, Mingyu," Wonwoo laughs, attacking howling Mingyu by tickling his sides, and Mingyu's 'singing' turns to laughing.

There's a loud tickling fight between the two - so loud that they probably wake Nari up - and pillows are thrown all around Mingyu's room. Mingyu's laugh is extremely cute and it makes Wonwoo laugh as well. Wonwoo is practically on top of Mingyu, tickling him to death.

"Okay, okay, okay. I give up!" Mingyu finally manages to say in between his laughs, panting breathless, and Wonwoo stops tickling.

And when Wonwoo stops tickling, he realizes that he's actually on top of Mingyu, in Mingyu's bed. His eyes widen as he stares at the boy under him, who's still catching his breath. And for a second Wonwoo thinks he saw a mischievous smirk on Mingyu's face. He gets off of Mingyu, stumbling and blushing, trying to hide his blushing imperceptibly behind the pillow he picks from the floor.

"I know you're blushing, Wonwon," Mingyu teases, sitting up and poking Wonwoo's back.

"Am not," Wonwoo's voice is muffled by the pillow in front of his face.

"You're too cute," Mingyu whispers, Wonwoo barely hearing it, causing Wonwoo to peek at Mingyu from behind the pillow.

Mingyu looks embarrassed for few second as Wonwoo looks at him, and then Mingyu clears his throat, and says: "Yeah, my mom is right. We should go to eat, I'm hungry."

//loL I really suck at ending the chapters... It took me a while to update bc I kinda started drafting a new meanie story which I will start writing after finishing this one (which isn't anytime soon bc there's still lot to come in this story *smirks evilly*)

I just want to say that I'm seriously super super super thankful! I never ever imagined that I could get this many nice comments and views.

I love you. You make me so happy with your comments! Have a nice day xx