Chapter 8

866 words

Wonwoo says his goodbye to the art teacher and heads to the exit of the school. He frowns when he remembers that he has to go to the cafe to work. After a long school day all he wants to do is eat, surf on the internet and sleep. It is like school takes all of his energy, making him not wanting to move at all when he finally gets home. But oh, no, he can not do as he wishes, he has to work.

Of course he could resign from his job, but he does not want to. He would feel uncomfortable asking for money from his mom all the time, so it is a lot better that he can pay most of his outgoings by himself. And many adults have been telling him that it will be good for his future to get some work experience. Also, he works because he feels more independent now that he has a job. And well, who would not want to have some pocket money.

Wonwoo sees Mingyu standing at the bus stop and walks to him a bit hesitantly because Mingyu has his friends around him. Just when he is about to reach them, he stops and decides against going there, because, Mingyu's friends do not even know I exist, so why bother? It would be awkward for me to just jump in to the conversation like we all would be friends, I would just embarass himself. 

So, there Wonwoo stands, behind Mingyu and his friends, waiting for the bus. Since when have Mingyu and his friends gone to school and home by bus anyway? 

After ten minutes of waiting, the bus arrives. Mingyu's friends leave, not getting on to the bus. Mingyu is getting on to the bus, but he keeps looking around as if looking for something. As soon as his gaze lands on Wonwoo, his face lightens up.

"Eyy, grandpa Wonwoo," Mingyu shouts, making people stare at them curiously. Not everyone calls their friend grandpa. Wonwoo scampers to Mingyu, shushing him.

"Doesn't that sound a bit weird?" Wonwoo asks as he jostles Mingyu to the bus, which seems to be leaving soon.

"Whatever, I'm weird anyway," 

They sit at the back of the bus, talking about their day casually. It all feels too normal, like their days have always gone by like that.

For some reason, Mingyu seems to be smiling all the time. Wonwoo is not complaining though, he loves the way Mingyu's eyes crinkle and teeth shine, when he does so. It is amazing how he makes Wonwoo smile, how he makes Wonwoo feel comfortable being with him, how he can make Wonwoo feel better in seconds. And when Mingyu laughs, his uplifting laughter or extremely cute giggles make the older feel butterflies in his stomach, making him smile the widest he possibly can.

But eventually, they reach the stop where Mingyu leaves, so he gets up and flashes another smile at Wonwoo, waving, and gets off the bus.

Wonwoo gets off the bus as well at the next stop, and heads home to eat before leaving to work.

_____

Later, when Wonwoo finally gets home that evening, tired from work and long school day, he looks at his phone for the first time that day. And he sees messages from Mingyu.

heyy, grandpa, wyd?

today 6.04

r u kiddin me is grandpa sleepin already

today 6.45

dull

today 7.05

Wonwoo smiles at Mingyu's simple but sweet messages. He was at work so he has not been able to look at the messages earlier, although he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. But he assumed it to be his mom, not Mingyu.

He types his answer, but soon erases it, and starts to write again, only to erase it once again. He can not think of anything that would be as witty as Mingyu's messages. He groans, and decides to just send him something.

grandpa was gettin it with some bitches

sent, today 8.17

Wonwoo throws his phone to the bed, and almost immediately picks it up, as it vibrates signifying for a message from Mingyu.

stop.

today 8.18

grandpa got sweg unlike someone, u r just jelly belly

sent, today 8.18

just stop, pls

today 8.18

sweg? srsly wonwoo?

today 8.18

yeahh u know yolo so u gotta turn up evriday

sent today 8.18

Wonwoo chuckles, shaking his head at their messages, he has no idea what he is doing. He is purposely making those lame ass jokes, and he enjoys it.

shut up or otherwise I will shut you up

today 8.19

haha like you could

sent, today 8.19

be realistic minggg

sent, today 8.19

oh, yes I could, there are many good ways

today 8.19

Wonwoo blushes slightly, not sure what Mingyu means with that. He just stares at his phone for good fifteen seconds, thinking of a response.

oH, intEReStINg

sent, today 8.20

mmhm

today 8.20

remember who's the older here

sent, today 8.20

yeh

today 8.20

who is it?

sent, today 8.20

grandpa

today 8.20

yes, good boy

sent, today 8.20

//AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is a very short chapter bc i have school work to do