Chapter 33

1447 words

The boys' lazy day indeed ends up being really lazy. They eat, listen to music, watch few videos, but mostly they just talk since they have a lot to talk about after not talking to each for few weeks straight.

Time flies as they both really enjoy themselves. They don't even notice the day turning to night before Wonwoo's mom returns back home from work. They're playing a board game they used to play almost daily. The board game is spread on the living room floor, Wonwoo and Mingyu bending over the board, completely concentrated on the game.

The boys don't seem to notice her right away, and so she stops for a moment to appreciate the sight in front of her. It looks so comfortable, the boys talking and laughing at each other's jokes, just like they used to do a while back. It calms her so much to see that Wonwoo is smiling truly. She didn't even know how much she had missed that smile of his.

She's actually pretty surprised to see Mingyu still there. It isn't the first time Mingyu has spent the whole day hanging out at their place, but it just surprises her because she hasn't seen Mingyu around lately. But she doesn't think it's a bad thing, vice versa, she loves seeing Wonwoo and Mingyu hang out together again.

"Oh, hi Ms. Jeon" Mingyu finally notices her as he lifts his head up. 

"Hi boys," she replies and can't help the wide smile that matches Mingyu's and Wonwoo's, "how's your day been?"

"Really nice! We've eaten pizza and hung out the whole day together," Mingyu explains happily, and Wonwoo just nods next to him, smiling, "how about yours?"

"Sounds amazing," she says, sighing as she sits down on the couch, "I had quite a boring day at work but it was okay because I had pretty long break in between the work hours."

Next ten minutes go like that, the three of them talking casually about pretty much everything.

"Oh well, I was gonna make some mexican burritos. You guys probably want some too?" She asks.

"Oh my god, I love mexican burritos," Mingyu almost moans, making her laugh.

"So that's a yes," she smiles, getting up, and Wonwoo nods, smiling as well.

After she has disappeared to the kitchen, Mingyu turns to Wonwoo, excited.

"Oh my god, I almost forgot how much I like your mother! I missed her so much!!" He whisper yells.

"Oh? You missed her more than me?" Wonwoo pretends to be hurt, as he struggles to keep himself from laughing, playful glint in his eyes.

Mingyu crawls closer to Wonwoo on the floor and places his hands on both sides of Wonwoo's face, squishing his cheeks good-naturedly, "of course not, grandpa. Of course you're the most important!" making kissy face playfully.

Wonwoo chuckles at Mingyu, but can't help his stomach from flipping as he takes in the tender scent of Mingyu and the feeling of his soft hands still on the sides of his face.

Just then Wonwoo's mom walks in with a knife in her hand, "boys, could you please help me a bit?"

A mischievous smile spreads on her face as soon as she notices the sort of intimate athmosphere between the boys. Mingyu drops his hands from Wonwoo's face, smiling a bit bashfully, and gets up, Wonwoo following him, "sure."