Chapter 28

1032 words

MINGYU'S POINT OF VIEW

Mingyu fiddles with the fork in his hands mindlessly. He doesn't really feel like eating although he hasn't even eaten anything for today.

"Mingyu, what's wrong?" concerned voice of Mingyu's father startles him suddenly.

"How are you so jumpy?" his mother also starts worrying, glancing warily at Mingyu.

"I don't even know, I guess I was just deep in thought and you scared me," Mingyu says, trying to laugh as convincingly as he can, but it sounds nothing like a happy laugh.

His parents don't look convinced, and Mingyu gets up quickly before they start asking more.

"Actually, I'm not hungry right now. I'll go study or something," he talks quickly, carrying his plate and glass to the sink.

"Study? But you're on holiday, what are you talking about?"

"Yes, I know. But I still shouldn't just sit around doing nothing," Mingyu answers nervously, a bit irritated. His parents seem to notice it from the annoyed tone of his voice, and so they stop asking more questions and let Mingyu be.

Mingyu starts making his way towards his room, but he stops walking when he hears the quiet whisper of his mother, "I don't know what's up with him. He has been a bit off lately." 

Mingyu gets curious and tries desperately to listen what his parents are discussing about, but it's hard to hear all the way from the hallway. 

What he makes out from his parents short conversation is something about Wonwoo and how he hasn't been around lately. He hears his mother wonder quietly something about how Wonwoo's absence might be connected to Mingyu's weird behavior. And of course Mingyu's father asks who Wonwoo is, but when Mingyu tries his best to hear what his mother tells about Wonwoo, he can't quite catch anything she says. Mingyu gives up, and quietly walks to his room, hoping that his parents didn't notice him eavesdropping on them.

When Mingyu is alone in his room, he exhales deeply, as if trying to exhale all the anxiousness he's feeling. He lies down on his bed.

He know why he is like this, even his mother knows it. He has been quite gloomy past few days, and he knows that it's because of Wonwoo. Or actually it's more because of himself.

Whenever he sees Wonwoo in his friends' instagrams or snapchats or other social medias, he gets really really annoyed. Especially when he sees pictures and videos of wasted Wonwoo dancing with someone. He gets restless and angry at Wonwoo, but mostly just at himself. Although he wouldn't like to admit it to himself he knows that he's just being jealous. 

And he's jealous for nothing, because it's not like Wonwoo is his, and it's his own fault.

Mingyu sighs again, rubbing his tired eyes. He hasn't been sleeping that well lately; he has been having trouble falling asleep and when he finally has fallen asleep, he has often seen nightmares. 

He has been thinking about it a lot - that he backed out on the opportunity to return Wonwoo's feelings. He kind of had noticed that Wonwoo might like him. And also, he noticed that he often stared at Wonwoo longer than necessary, touched him always when he got the opportunity, thought about him most of the time he was awake. 

But he had thought that he didn't have feelings for Wonwoo in a romantic way. He thought that maybe he's just feeling friendly affection towards Wonwoo. So when he suddenly kissed Wonwoo out of nowhere, he was so confused. He was so scared, yet so excited, and he just didn't know how to react to his own feelings and the situation. So he kind of just panicked, and tried to explain something to Wonwoo. 

The thought of not being attracted to only girls has passed his mind quite many times but he never imagined that he would ever have feelings for a guy. Now he's pretty positive that he might like Wonwoo. Scratch that, he really likes Wonwoo a lot.

During those few weeks he didn't get to see Wonwoo, he tried to call him quite a few times but Wonwoo's phone was always off when he tried to contact him. Few days later Mingyu presumed that maybe Wonwoo turned his phone off because of him. 

Always when Mingyu called and Wonwoo didn't answer, he got really anxious and scared, because what if something happened to Wonwoo? 

Mingyu has spent the past few weeks with his family, especially with his dad, now that he finally got to see him after a long time. And still Mingyu has been thinking about Wonwoo so often. He can't get Wonwoo out of his head. 

And what annoys him the most, is how and why the hell is Wonwoo hanging out with Seokmin and his friends?

Mingyu gets distracted from his thoughts when his phone dings as he receives a message. His heartbeat quickens as his hopes get up - maybe it's Wonwoo.

But it's not Wonwoo, it's Jun. Jun sent him a snapchat, which Mingyu is definitely going to ignore. Jun is one of Seokmin's  party friends.

Curiosity gets the better of Mingyu, and so he finally decides to open the snap Jun sent him. When he sees what Jun sent him, he freezes.

Wonwoo

Mingyu sits up quickly, staring at the phone in his hands. Jun just sent him a video of Wonwoo dancing (more like stumbling because he's 100% drunk) and in the end of the video Wonwoo falls down on his ass. 

Mingyu remembers his friends talk something about another party thrown by Seokmin but he didn't know that Seokmin would have a party tonight. 

Mingyu replays the snap, and watches it again. Wonwoo looks so wasted, and somehow so poor. 

Why would Jun send him a snap of Wonwoo? And more importantly, is Wonwoo okay? 

Mingyu can't stop thinking about Wonwoo being completely drunk on Seokmin's party. Wonwoo stumbling around, Wonwoo falling down, Wonwoo throwing up, Wonwoo passing out, Wonwoo getting hurt.

After fifteen minutes of pondering what all could happen to Wonwoo, Mingyu decides that it's enough. He gets up and grabs his keys, wallet and jacket, rushing out of their house. 

He's going to Seokmin's party to check on Wonwoo.

// lmao i haven't read this through i apologize BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO LET  YOU GUYS KNOW THAT I GOT MY LAPTOP BACK AND IM NOT DEAD