Chapter 27

1220 words

// A/N: I noticed that my updates have been so boring (to write at least) that I decided to start with the drama already (lmao) so yeah I thought that it's time for a little speed-up. //  

A week later:

A full week has passed since Wonwoo's phone was found. During the week, Wonwoo kept his phone all the time near him, always keeping an eye on it; he surely didn't want to experience losing it again.

During those seven days, Wonwoo attended to three parties with Hoshi. And every freaking time, he ended up drinking a little too much so that he always ended up throwing up in the toilet or backyard.

Wonwoo doesn't even want to think about the amount of money he has spent on alcohol already. He can't believe he has used so much of the money he worked so hard for on something that doesn't even make him feel any better.

But what makes him even more miserable than all the money he has spent, is the empty, cold feeling inside of him. He feels so sad that he's no longer able to keep it to himself the way he normally would be. He doesn't talk about the feelings he's having, but apparently people can notice it without him even mentioning it.

Especially Hoshi has noticed, pointing it out a few times. He used to worriedly say that Wonwoo gets more saddening day by day, but he stopped as soon as he noticed that Wonwoo actually gets even more melancholic every time he mentions it.

The reason for Wonwoo's drinking and dejection is quite clear; Mingyu. More specifically, not Mingyu but the feelings Wonwoo has for Mingyu.

Wonwoo has been trying his best to forget Mingyu but it isn't really going the way it's supposed to. Every time he thinks that he might be over Mingyu, he sees, smells, tastes or hears something that reminds him of Mingyu or the moments spent with him.

He feels like Mingyu might have forgotten about him, though. It has been over a week since Wonwoo last time saw Mingyu and the boy hasn't even contacted Wonwoo. Not even a single text message asking how he's doing. The last time he saw Mingyu was when he was going to the first party of his life ever.

The thought of that makes Wonwoo chuckle dryly; just over a week ago he was nervous over going to Seokmin's party, and here he is now, going to a party after party. It's actually quite sad how my life has gotten to this point in a week. Where will I be in a week from now?

Wonwoo doesn't want to think about it more so he sighs, and gets up from the couch he has been sleeping on for the past seven hours. He was way too drunk last night to walk the stairs up to his own bed, and he knew that his mother wouldn't be at home the following morning so he just collapsed there.

Wonwoo grabs his wallet and keys, and walks out the door. He starts making his way towards the grocery store near his home. He doesn't really look or smell his best but it doesn't really even matter to him. Nothing matters anyway, he reminds himself.

______

As Wonwoo hands the cashier the money, he spots a familiar person coming to his way; Mingyu. Wonwoo curses quietly, grabbing his goods quickly and making his way out of the store as quickly as possible. When he gets out of the store, he starts walking fast, hoping that Mingyu doesn't notice him.

He has been missing Mingyu for so long, he has been going through so much when he has been trying to get rid of his feelings for Mingyu, and there Mingyu is, smiling all happily, like he wouldn't know of Wonwoo at all. It makes him feel angry. He really does not want to face Mingyu right now.

But as everything seems to go exactly against Wonwoo's will, he isn't even surprised when he hears quick footsteps behind him.

"Hey Wonwoo, where are you going?" Mingyu asks, as he jogs to catch up with Wonwoo.

"To Hoshi's," Wonwoo answers shortly and a bit too coldly so that he regrets it slightly when he sees Mingyu's wounded expression. He doesn't slow down even the slightest bit though, as he keeps up the quick pace.

"You're going to drink again, aren't you?" Mingyu frowns.

"Would it matter if I was?"

Mingyu is silent for a while and he just keeps trailing behind Wonwoo. Then he mutters quietly, but not quiet enough for Wonwoo to not hear, "what's wrong with you?"

Wonwoo stops walking, and turns around to face Mingyu. Mingyu does the same and the boys are now staring at each other, and it feels like it has been so long since the last time they looked at each other properly like this.

As Wonwoo stares at Mingyu's face, he feels his heart ache bit, he misses Mingyu so much. But he's also really angry at Mingyu for making his past weeks so difficult, so he makes sure not to show any kind of affection towards the boy in front of him. And he couldn't even bring himself to, even if he wanted to, that's how upset he is at him.

"There's nothing wrong with me! It seems like you're the one who's got something wrong!" Wonwoo snaps at Mingyu, crossing his arms.

Mingyu seems to be slightly taken aback by Wonwoo's outburst, "this is not the Wonwoo I know!" he complains loudly, throwing his hands in the air in frustration, not even caring that a few people passing by glance at the two, "I hear from my friends that you're at every party, drinking until you pass out!"

"What? What are you talking about? I'm the same I've always been!?" Wonwoo snaps, ignoring the mention of his reckless partying. He feels annoyed at Mingyu, "It's you who has changed. It's you who wanted space, and that's what I'm giving you! It's you who wanted to spend more time separately, and that's what we're doing! It's you who changed us."

All those feelings he feels towards Mingyu are spilling out of him - but only as anger.

Mingyu looks so confused and taken aback for few seconds, and then he frowns, "you're hanging out with Seokmin and his friends nowadays."

Wonwoo huffs, "yeah? Is that a problem?"

"Since when have you started hanging out with them? You're not like them! You're drinking so much alcohol with them although you're underage!"

"Don't try to play saint, Mingyu! You also drink," Wonwoo grits his teeth angrily, feeling more and more annoyed the further their argument gets.

"But I don't drink almost every fucking day. I don't neglect my family or friends for drinking. I don't become... whatever this is that you've become!" Mingyu hisses, narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah, okay, sure. Fine, I'm a fucking monster. I get it, thanks."

And without another word, Wonwoo turns around and walks away from Mingyu. As Wonwoo practically runs away from Mingyu, Mingyu stands there still, looking at Wonwoo's retreating back.

Mingyu rubs his face in exasperation, letting out a frustrated groan. Before he even notices the tears that are forming in his eyes, they're already falling down his cheeks. Quickly wiping them, Mingyu turns around to the opposite way of where Wonwoo went and starts walking away mindlessly, completely forgetting that he was supposed to go to the grocery store.