vingt

wattpad is on some bs it doesn't tell me when people comment ffs

cambria

i treated myself to a spa day, away from everything and everyone. it didn't last long because justin told me to get to the office, it's an emergency.

when i got there everyone was doing what they usually do. before i walked into his office, i knocked, he and karmen standing there, as well as ryan. "why am i here?" i ask self consciously, as i stand in the doorway.

"i don't know, she asked me to call you here. ryan's just here because he's ryan." justin replies, ryan rolling his eyes.

"i came to apologize even though i don't want to." she says proudly. "i miss my husband being home and if apologizing is the only way, then so be it."

she holds her hand out to me, me pushing it away. "you must be type crazy if you think im accepting that pathetic and stupid apology. but justin, go back to your wife."

he looks at me, then nods. "i was planning on it."

ryan mouths, "no he wasn't." me chuckling.

karmen grabs her purse, "i'll see you at home." she looks at justin before walking away. i showed no anger but internally, i was yelling "im getting dicked down by your husband while you're cleaning your house."

justin sighs when the door closes, "for fucks sake why can't she just act like an adult."

ryan laughs, and uncrosses his arms, "you married her."

"you know i didn't want to. i wasn't even ready. my dad gave me the ring and kept fucking pressuring me into it because 'i can't run a company without a significant other'." justin quotes his father, then ryan states the obvious.

"divorce her."

"i would've a while ago but she'll get half of the company and the company isn't even mine yet." he grumbles. "the stupid contract expires in like three years."

"c-can i go?" i stutter, suddenly feeling uncomfortable.

justin nods, then walks over to me. "i'll be at the loft tomorrow morning."

"why?"

he just opens the door for me then winks. when he closes it, i let out a breath i didn't realize i was holding. when i left out, i went straight to the loft.

+

justin

"what are you going to the loft for?" ryan questions as we were getting ready to leave.

"to talk to her. nothing's going to happen." i say, probably lying. i never know what happens around cambria.

he just nods.

"you know, you're my best friend but i regret telling you this because you're holding it against me as if you don't fuck hella girls everyday." i say, and he sighs.

"i know im being a hypocrite but justin, you're married. and you're getting emotionally attached to cambria and we all know the ending to that story."

"you can't tell my how i feel or what i feel for people." i retort.

"you're right, but justin, you're my best friend. we've been friends since grade school, and i-"

he was cut off by my father walking in. "that whitehall fella called. he's setting another meeting here instead of in cali. be ready."

nodding, ryan and i follow him out of my office, seeing everyone getting packed up and ready to go. it was silent as me and ryan exited to the elevator. "i know you have an important meeting tomorrow but can you please come to the club with me? ever since you got word that your dad was retiring soon, we haven't hung out."

"we can hang out somewhere else other than the club, ry."

"stop being so goddamn sophisticated and boss like, jesus christ justin." ryan looks at me with wide eyes.

sighing, i give in, "fine. just let me go home and get some cl-"

"you can wear my clothes. your whole wardrobe is suits and sweatpants." he rolls his eyes, as we exit to the lobby and toward my car. "and we'll stop at the loft on our way there."

-----

tbh don't know where im going with this rn but something will come up