vingt sept

justin

everything seemed to drag and was just boring. it's been a week since cambria left karmen basically prancing around. while i was in the office, ryan had walked in holding a bag of mcdonalds. "here." he hands it to me.

"i don't want tha-"

"you do." he tosses it, me grabbing if and shrugging. "you've been in the office all week. let's go do something."

"no." i shake my head, as he sits down. he sighs, and i sigh back in response.

"seriously. you're being a workaholic. if it's because cambria left, i swea-"

"shut up, ryan."

he just rolls his eyes, as i look back down at the paper i was continuing to read. it was a contract that i had to read over for whitehall. "at least come to this party with me after. i need a wingman."

"whatever." i chuckle, and he stands up smiling.

"i'll get you an outfit." ryan says. "stupid suits."

"i heard that."

"you were supposed to."

+

cambria

i didn't even go to philadelphia. i stayed in canada in a hotel. considering i quit and i wasn't even working there for six months, i don't get unemployment so im using the money from my bank account to stay. the manager didn't mind as long as i kept the room clean.

right now, i was going to the store to buy a new dress for an interview i have next week. as i was shopping, i saw karmen with a group of girls and i swear to god if she approaches me i might just have to tell her her husband dicked me down.

"so you didn't leave?" i heard the voice.

i shake my head, turning to look at her. "i think we can put all differences behind us. cambria, i'd like you to meet natalie, tasha, and diana."

i shake their hands, not sure why she's just now deciding to be nice. shrugging, i turn back to look at the dresses then i heard karmen ask me if i'd attend a party with her.

sighing, i turn to look at her. "i don't know what you're doing or why you're being so friendly but just leave me alone?"

the three girls behind her just stood there as karmen gave me a slight pout. "justin and i aren't arguing anymore and everything's normal. i don't want any drama anymore so can we just men's our differences."

she seemed sincere but i didn't believe it. "justin wouldn't tell me what you said about me the day he left but just know if it happens again i definitely won't hesitate to put my hands on you."

she nods, then smiles at the girls. "we have a plus one to the party."

"where's it at?" i question.

"my house."

oh fuck me.

----

oh damn