deux

my hands roamed my wife's body, only for her to break the kiss, and sigh. "justin, i really want kids."

"babe, we had this conversation. i can't handle kids right now."

"yes you can! when you take over the company that's when you won't be able to handle kids. you're just making excuses." she raises her voice, so i push her to the bed and stood up.

"i don't want kids right now. we just got married not even a year ago." i say, grabbing my phone. ryan was blowing me up for ditching him.

"what? im not coming down there." i say, and he just groans.

"this girl is down here, she has your blazer."

cambria.

"did you get it?"

"no, she came to me and asked for your address. i guess people do know who i am."

"yeah my best friend, duh." i roll my eyes. "is she coming here?"

"yeah." he says. "i feel so bad for you that you're married. there's hella chi-"

"shut up, i gotta go."

"mhm."

when i hung up, i felt so frustrated. i didn't even want to get married. me and karmen's relationship lasted three years and my dad gave me the family ring, pressuring me into giving it to her. he didn't want me owning the company without a significant other by my side to help me.

the doorbell rang, meaning that had to be cambria. smiling, i walk to the door, and opened it to see her standing there. "your friend ryan gave me your address, so here's your blazer."

i take it, and then she goes in her purse. "this key was in the pocket, too. it fell out, so i assumed you needed it."

"oh thank you." i take the key. there was a silence, and she was just about to leave until i spoke. "do you want to go for coffee?"

she blinks, then smiles. "yeah sure, when?"

"tomorrow."

as we exchange numbers, i was hoping karmen didn't hear us or was listening in on what was happening. i watch her walk to her car before waving goodbye and shutting my door.

"who was it?" karmen came downstairs in a very lacy lingerie. my one eyebrow raised, i just shake my head.

"someone from the company that needed my signature."

----

either the next chapter or the chapter after the next will start to be more interesting.

if you have netflix i suggest you watch "the loft" because this book is based off of it, except without the murder and shadiness lmfao