vingt trois

cambria

first i was listening to justin's secretary go on and on about her ex. i don't even care for one but then justin's father grabbed my arm and told me to follow him. he's lucky he's technically my boss or i would've told him to keep his grimy hands off of me.

"you're distracting my son. whatever personal problems you have isn't his business. he almost missed this meeting."

"my personal problems are my personal problems. if you're referring to karmen making a racist insult and threatening me, that's not personal. and that drinking last night was all him and ryan." i rant back as soon as he finished speaking. "im tired of you, karmen and everyone else in the building trying to make me the bad person. and considering it's all white people here im assuming it's because of race since karmen surely had something to say."

"no, yo-"

"i can't take this, i quit." i mumble. "tell justin i said thanks for everything."

as i turn to door, justin was reaching for the door handle. he was going to speak but i kept walking, his secretary holding out papers. i smacked them away from me as i went to the elevator, silently hoping i could clear my things from the loft before justin could come.

i don't know why i just did that but i was tired of the pressure and people disrespecting me. maybe i can get my record cleaned and actually go back to school and get an actual job.

when i got to the lobby, karmen was walking in. this has to be great. she stops, so i stop. "can we call it truce?" she holds her hand out.

"why now?"

"im hoping that jeremy fired you already." she grins, shrugging. my face altered into a smirk, shocked that she planned something so devious but i didn't let it show.

"i quit as a matter of fact."

"oh, so you can get unemployment until your sex game starts again?" she questions. the fact she brought that took my mood from zero to one hundred.

"did i touch a soft spot?" she questions.

"you're grazing it, and just know, i won't hold back from putting my hands on you." i set my purse on the table, crossing my arms over my chest. just as she was about to speak, i heard the elevator doors open, justin stepping out.

"justin, she threatened me." karmen pouted, then winked at me. i smirked because i knew justin wasn't just going to fall for that.

"sure she has a reason." he breathes. "why'd you quit?"

"we can talk when godzilla isn't around." i smile, then looked at karmen. "when you're ready to be a reasonable human being, hit me up for some drinks."

---

i needed drama so here's your drama lol