Chapter Six: Revelations

I had spent the last two hours thinking about the past twenty five years, 11 months and 11 days of my existence. I thought about my parents, my mother who always loved me and cared for me like I was a toddler and my father who believed in me and my abilities when nobody did.

I missed my mom's loud hysterical laughter, my dad's subtle excuse for a smile and the love they both had for each other and me. I missed how she would force me to eat my vegetables and make me go for a run every morning. I missed the way my dad would always take my mom's side even when he knew I was right. They were perfect for each other.

They were my marriage goals which brings me back to present a.k.a. my wedding day. In a matter of hours I would be married, to a guy I met exactly six days ago. Adrian was complicated, he was the exact opposite of what I would want in a husband. He was moody, rude, sarcastic and just plain annoying. Having said that circumstances had shown that he could potentially be kind and caring too. He also happens to be extremely extremely hot, this whole thing is complicated I tell you. You want to keep looking into his grey eyes and never stop. His perfectly shaped skull with sharp features makes you question mother nature. Everything about him screamed sexy.

This life was hard ladies and gentlemen, choices were difficult, consequences were unbearable. I had made my choice, now I was going to have to live with the consequences. A faint whistle brought me back from my thought, I looked up to see who it was.

Adam.

I immediately stood up not wanting to spend another second in his presence. My coffee had already gotten cold so I decided to leave it on the table along with my leftover waffles. The sun was covered in clouds today, a light wind was blowing against my uncombed hair.

As I was about to walk past him, he held on to my arm. I instantly shook my arm out of his hold, giving him a dirty look.

"Keep your hands off me," I said every word slowly, narrowing my eyes at him.

"I haven't forgotten what you did the other day," he said staring off into a distance, "You better watch out. You have no idea what I'm capable of." He warned, his brown eyes now digging into mine.

"I am going to say this once so you better listen carefully," I start, my anger getting the best of me, "I don't care what you're capable of and I am certainly not afraid. I could easily go and tell the whole family about what you did but I'm not because I for one still care about your dead mom's soul. So take this as a hint and back the fuck off before I do something that the both of us regret. Got it?"

He just smiles slyly, putting his hands up in surrender. I breathe out trying not to slap him again and walk through the doors into the house.

Not wanting to speak to anyone I went directly into my room closing the door behind me loudly. Stupid Adam, making my blood pressure rise just by breathing. I jump onto my bed, grabbing the TV remote from the side table. I turn the TV on switching between channels till I find something decent to watch. It was 9 am, I was supposed to get to beauty parlor in two hours. I was looking forward to the hours of pampering and facials, what I wasn't looking forward to was the wedding ceremony that followed.

I was almost done watching the repeat of The Originals when there was a knock on the door. I groaned not wanting to get up. I could stay in bed and pretend to be dead but then against all my better instincts I decided to open the door.

Kate, our housekeeper, smiled at me. Kate had been working here for the past 20 years, long before I came to live with my uncle. She was a kind, old lady who I've always adored.

"Yes, Kate?" I said, returning the smile.

"There is someone here to meet you, she says her name is Cara." She told me, a confused expression on her face. Cara? The name didn't ring any bells.