Chapter Three: Eat with the devil

"Take me home." I whined. His expression remained calm as he looked at me and said, "No." What did he mean no? I didn't want to go to some stupid doctor who would probably give me some disgusting medicine that I would never take. What was the point?

"I'm not going to the doctor." I stated.

"You're going to the doctor." he repeated. This whole we're both stubborn thing was going to be a slight problem for us, I thought.

"I am not." I said, "Adrian, I'm serious."

He sighed, "So am I, Isabella. You're going to the freaking doctor, end of discussion." I felt like banging my head in a wall - not that the car had any walls - but still. Okay, here's the thing, I'm kind of scared of hospitals and doctors. The smell that comes from hospitals makes me light headed and I don't think I'll be able to survive a 'trip to the hospital' with Mr. Cranky Pants over here.

We drove into a hospital that I'd never heard of or been to. Please, God, don't let me faint on him. Not now, not today! Please? He hit the brakes and changed the gear to 'P' as he picked up his phone. We both opened the door and I tried to wear my shoes but he waved me off, "Wait, don't wear your shoes. I'll help you."

"I don't need your help," I said, indifferently. He didn't listen. He walked to the other side of the car and opened the passenger door and once again scooped me into his arms, this time I wiggled in his grip, "Put me down, I'm fine."

"Don't make it harder than it needs to be, Isabella." he replied.

"It is Bella!" I said, gravely.

We walked into the passageway through the door and he made me sit on one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs. He walked over to the reception and I couldn't help but be jealous of the way he spoke to her, so polite, he was never like that with me! She beamed at him, falling for his charms. Eh, typical. He came to my side with the nurse again and picked me up once again, I didn't dare argue with him this time, who knew what this guy would do?

"Over there." The nurse pointed towards the passageway, "That door." He walked with me in his arms as she opened the door; it was beyond me how he carried me so effortlessly. Was he Edward Cullen or something? He had mentioned something about it earlier...

He walked over to the little bed, gently sat me down, and was about to get back up when I screamed 'Ouch, my hair! It's stuck in your stupid button." I said holding a strand of hair.

"Wait, stop moving, it'll hurt more!" he said, as he took looked down at me, we were barely inches apart. His gorgeously grey eyes met mine for a fraction of a second and the similar sparks flew within me.

Too soon, he broke off the gaze and freed the strand of hair from his button. He backed away and made his way to the door. He was about to leave when I yelled, "Adrian!" He turned, to look at me questioningly.

I didn't know how to start, "Can you stay here with me? I'm sort of...uncomfortable in hospitals. Don't leave." I ended, a blush crawling up my cheek. He nodded and sat next to me on the little bed. The nurse was observing this little scenario silently and then took a chair as she began to examine my feet.

I held on to Adrian's arm while she applied the ointment on my heels. I didn't realise when Adrian's arm made its way around me and I hugged him through the process. The only thing on my mind at that moment was the uneasy pain that my feet brought me. When she backed away, I finally looked at the way he and I sat and jerked away, awkwardly.

The nurse smiled at the two of us and said, "Your feet should be good soon, now. Just try and not wear heels for the next few days."

My eyes popped out, "Days? What? But I have my wedding soon. I cannot not wear heels; you already see how tall he is." I rambled off, and then drowned in embarrassment as she started laughing. Adrian was now, standing near the door and I was sitting on the bed alone.