Chapter 13: I'm yours and you're mine

I don't think I had ever laughed so hard in my entire life. Adrian had just finished telling me one of his college stories where he was dared to shoot a portfolio wearing Victoria Secret swim suits. Boy had I wished there were pictures I could secretly post on Instagram as a throwback. As much as I tried I could never imagine Adrian doing something so carefree and silly?

He was always so mature about everything, logical. He weighed pros and cons behind every little decision, always so measured. It came to me as a huge surprise, I was curious to know more.

Too soon, we reached the place we called home. Today was amazing to say the least, after Adrian's confession we had a perfect little dinner. We were served a very delicious three course meal, he was even gracious enough to let me have a bite of his dessert after I clearly took no time finishing mine.

Every inch of me prayed that it stayed like this, that he stayed like this. I was afraid that tonight was just a really good dream, and I'd wake up devastated. He unlocked the door and we both stepped in, hand in hand. He stopped at the corner of the breakfast table, turning around to face me.

"So, what do you want to do now?" He asked, his smile never faltering. He was asking me, but I could already see the answer in his eyes. I moved gracefully towards him, or at least I tried to resting my hand on his chest. I could feel his heart beating fast under it, which made me feel giddy.

"How about we end what we started before leaving?" I planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"Sounds good to me," and that's all the confirmation he needed. I couldn't complain as his lips moved effortlessly along mine. Electricity flowed within me with his every touch. He slid his hand around my waist, unzipping my dress. I was ecstatic there is no denying, after all this time he finally wanted me like I wanted him. No more secrets, no more closed doors, no more insecurities, just me and him.

His lips left mine to move to my neck, I couldn't help but let out a gasp. I stepped out of my dress as his lips moved to my shoulders. One look in his eyes gave me all the reassurance in the world, they screamed he wanted this. I was undoing his buttons as our lips met once more, he ran his fingers through my braid making my hair flow down as natural blonde waves. He hesitantly let my lips go, removing his coat. His shirt buttons were already undone, I could see the perfectly lean body that I always thought was under it.

"Ready?" He asked, his voice rough.

-

The following morning I woke up buried in his arms. I couldn't shake last night from my head, everything about it was perfect. I don't remember the last time I woke up so content. My head rested on his bare chest, I could hear the rhythmic beating of his heart and his low breathing. He was holding me so tight, almost felt like he was afraid to let go.

Last night had really changed all my views about him, he was reserved and rude sometimes but it was in his attempts to protect himself, as screwed up as that might be to some people I understood it. When you lose someone so dear to you it messes with you, big time.

I couldn't keep my eyes off his beautiful face, lit up by the sun shining through the translucent curtains. I stayed like that for quiet a while, lying naked next to the man I was in love with. Too soon his hand made its way to his face, rubbing his eyes. My pathetically staring activity came to end, thankfully.

He looked at me, his eyes soft. "Good morning," he greeted planting a kiss on my forehead. His lips lingered on my forehead as I responded.

"Last night was," I paused to search for the right word but settled for, "Perfect."

"It was alright." He joked, I punched him hard on his chest.

"Ouch, hey!" He complained.

"You're a dick," I commented getting out of the bed away from him. He got hold of my hand pulling me back, I landed with a thud on the bed. He turned me to face him but I didn't look at him. He held my chin, making me look at him, I turned my eyes away from him.