Chapter 12: Love me again

I saw his face. I was running away from him, his threatening laughter had me surrounded. It was dark, darker than I'd prefer it to be. A dim street light trying to breathe at some distance. I almost choked on the very air I took in as he gripped me from behind. 

I screamed as loud as I could waking up. My wet pillow said that my tears had done me wrong again. To no one's surprise, Adrian wasn't there. Yesterday played in my head over and over, like most of his words did. What had I gotten myself into? I was uncontrollably, pathetically and absolutely in love with him. And he had no clue. Not one. 

There was no other possible explanation. There couldn't be. His words lingered in my mind long after he had spoken them, his peaceful sleeping face was my drug, just about every irrelevant detail about him was enough to blow my mind and I hated it, with all my heart. I was screwed and I knew it. 

And then there were unnecessary secrets and complications further screwing me over. Mostly his ex-girlfriend or present love or whichever freaking category that fake Greek dog-gess fell into. Oops, I meant goddess. Blimey, that autocorrect.  

And then I lost my train of thought as I saw a folded piece of paper on the bedside table. 

No I didn't leave you... It said. 

I awkwardly reached out to pull the piece of paper near me. I unfolded it to see a untidy scribble on it. 

I'll be at the door 8pm sharp. Don't break my heart, darling. 

I bit my lip hard, resisting the smile that was threatening to break through. I clutched the paper in my hand. 

"Help me, god. You know I need it," 

First things first, I needed clothes. I was so distracted while packing, who knew what I had packed in. Although my one and a half hour bath did make me realise that I was Isabella freaking Hastings and if I wanted a guy to love me, he damn will love me. Some progress was made, I guess. 

I tried to think back to the time we first met, picking out things that he said or did that would suggest that he actually felt something for me. I needed something to go on. He kissed me, thrice. That was a pretty good start, that meant he was into me physically. What I really needed was to break his emotional walls and show him that I could love him with his flaws and weaknesses too. That I did love him with all his flaws and weaknesses. 

It was six o clock already and I still had no idea what I was going to wear. Then, magically I caught a look at my strapless black dress and I knew that was what I wanted to wear. However, I didn't know what Adrian had planned so if it was something sporty I would probably have a hard time. He wouldn't go for something more adventurous though, this was supposed to be his attempt to make it up to me in terms of our emotional journey together and not just a random day out. 

I made my makeup look extremely natural with a nude lipstick, brown liner and a thick coat of mascara. My dress was a full length black dress with black sequences on it in an triangle shape on the back. They only sparkled when light shown on them. I did my hair into a loose side braid, making it look like I hadn't given much thought into this look at all. 

Just when I slipped on my favourite Kate Spade black heels, I heard the bell ring. I looked into the mirror carefully, there was something missing. 

My ring

I ran to the bedside table and pulled out the ring from the tiny box. I know it was a little stereotypical but this truly was my favourite piece of jewelry. I walked casually to the door as if I just did not a marathon.