Oh gosh

Rose above.
______________________

The pack house was over flowing with werewolves, everyone wearing beautiful clothing. Laughs and the smell of rich wine filled the room as I walked around trying to find my parents. Rose had walked off with Jeremy awhile ago, and I was starting to feel overwhelmed in the crowd of strangers.

Elbows and feet were bumping me and I winced. I pushed violently through and went to the back yard. White Christmas lights were intertwined into the branches of the trees. I let out a stressed breath, staring up at the moon, enjoying the feeling of being alone. It was like everything slowed down.

The Stars twinkled up in the sky as I admired the night, the cool breeze brushed through my hair, cooling my heated face. I blinked slowly, then breathed in the clean, crisp fall air, then turned my head to the left. I felt my heart stutter as I saw a pair grey eyes staring at me angrily.
....

Rider

"Rider! I'm glad you could make it, bro," Ripley said, as we grabbed hands and did our hand shake.

"Thanks for inviting me, man. I haven't been here in years," I answered, eyeing the pack house curiously. Looked smaller than I remembered.

"Yeah, kinda surprising since you're an alpha of your own pack now," Ripley chuckled, walking towards the house.

I followed, smiling with him.

"Yep, and so will you soon."
Ripley smiled humbly and shrugged.

I swear Ripley is the nicest guy I know, I don't know how he's going to defend his pack from enemies. Probably will have tea or some sh** with them, and talk them out of it. The thought made me laugh. Jesus Christ, that would be a sight.

"Party is already in full swing," Ripley stated, swinging the door open.

Dozens upon dozens of people were stuffed into the pack house, mingling, dancing and sipping wine. I plastered on my fake smile, mentally preparing myself. I stepped in and the loud music seemed to make the floor vibrate.

I heard a giggle and turned to see a group of she wolves wearing short dresses and heavy make up. I grinned. Well this might make the night more interesting.

"Hey man, I'm going to go find my family. I'll back in a second," Ripley informed me before walking off.

I shrugged completely fine with that as I eyed a blonde she wolf wearing a short red dress. She sent me a welcoming smirk and I winked back at her. She giggled a high pitch sound. I winced mentally but ignored it. I walked forward to introduce myself but stopped suddenly.

That smell... Mm like fresh chocolate chip cookies... It was mouth watering. I forgot about the she wolf and followed it through the house. I walked outside and saw a girl's silhouette standing in the moonlight, the soft lights stringed in the trees setting off her figure. I could feel my wolf stir with excitement.

I watched her silently, noticing how beautiful she looked, even from behind. Her brown hair was curled and was falling down her back. Her slim arms were resting at her sides. She was wearing a beautiful dress. She looked like a modern princess. I started walking towards her, eager to see who the beauty was. Her face came into view and I felt a part of me melt. I've never seen someone so beautiful before in my life.... But why did she look so familiar?

Her closed eyes slowly opening, her dark lashes casting a shadow across her cheek momentarily and I felt horror dawn on me. No. No it can't be. Please, moon goddess, no. She turned to look at me, with her light blue, amazing eyes.

Mate! My wolf screamed possessively.

I let out a furious growl. My mate was Vera Stone. A human.
....

Vera

Rider. Rider Blakely stood in front me looking like he was ready to slaughter my a** and put my head on a pick.

"Um...hey?" I squeaked, a bit intimidated.

He didn't respond, just took a step closer to me. I took a step back, a little anxious in his presence. His eyes flashed from grey to gold for a second before a growl grumbled deep from his chest. I felt fear hit my heart hard.

"Vera! There you are! Come on, mom and dad are waiting for you," Ripley calls from the back door.

I sigh out of relief for his interference then rush over to him.

"You ok?" He asks, noticing my nervous attitude.

"Yeah fine. So what do mom and dad want?"

"Just a speech. They want there though."

"Oh ok."

So we found mom and dad who bubbled over my appearance then moments later my dad was given a mic and all the attention in the pack house.

"Hello, pack. Another year has passed in prosperity and happiness. We've grown and learned and we've never been stronger. I can tell you all in proud to be your alpha and under the light of the autumn moon, I bless this next year," Dad said with a gentle smile.

"The night is still young. Let's celebrate!" He declared.

Cheers were heard throughout the room and the music continued.

"There you are! C'mon, let's dance!" Rose said, finally appearing.

I grinned and let her drag me to the dance floor.