Leaving

Poison us right beside the lake under the R in Rocky. Enjoy guys! Oh, and I might do a competition for all my readers soon so be ready for the info! Happy Valentine's Day! ❤️
______________________

"That went better than I thought," I said, looking over at Rider as we drove away from my pack.

He gave me a small smile and nodded.

"So, what's your pack like?" I asked, nervous.

He looked over at me and hesitantly grabbed my hand. I felt tiny sparks jump out for a moment before it only felt like buzzing against my skin.

"Very different from your's. We are more wolf than human."

I looked at him funny. What the hell does that mean?

"We live in a very rural area of the state, surrounded by woods. We don't have to hide our wolves, so most pack members don't have to block that other side of themselves out," he explained, his thumb running patterns on the back of my hand soothingly.

"Wait, why don't they have to hide them? Aren't there humans around?" I asked, confused.

Rider stayed silent.

"Rider..." I glared slightly.

"No."

"What do you mean 'No'"?

"There are no humans around."

I was silent for a bout .3 seconds.

"What the f***! Rider, you knew I felt isolated in my pack that was around humans, why in the hell would you bring me to one without them! Why didn't you tell me before now? Jesus, turn around I'm going home-"

"No you're not. I didn't tell you because I knew you'd react this way. Like I said before, my pack is different. They wouldn't treat you the way your old pack did," he declared tensely.

I stared at him for a minute before scoffing and taking my hand from his and crossing my arms stubbornly. He growled slightly but left me be. The car ride was silent for hours until I finally turned up the music. I hate you I love you came on and I started humming along with it.

"You have a beautiful voice," Rider complimented.

I glanced over to see him staring at me  intensely. I blushed and stopped humming, embarrassed. When the sky started to darken, Rider pulled into a small town and pulled up at a hotel.

"We'll stay here for tonight, then get back on the road in the morning," he declared, opening his door.

I reluctantly followed, walking behind him into the building. I couldn't help but get lost in thought. No humans. Was it such a bad thing? Rider says his pack is different, but could he be bias? I mean, it is his pack after all. And they're more wolf than human? What the hell does that mean? They're more likely to tear me apart than ignore me? I started to feel even more anxious and scared.

"Vera," Rider called.

I snapped my eyes to his, surprised.

"Are you coming?" He asked, a bit of concern shining in his voice.

I quickly nodded, following behind him to our room. He slid the card into the lock and after a second, the red light turned green and the door swung open. The inside was very pretty and roomy. There was a sitting area with a few comfortable chairs, soft carpet, a balcony, a bathroom and even a kitchen.

But the one thing that caught my attention was: only one bed.

"Um... Rider?" I asked in a high pitched voice.

"Yes?" He answers calmly.

"What the f*** is that?" I demanded pointing to the bed.

"A mattress?"

"Why is there only one of them?"

"Because we're mates."

"So?"

"So we will share the same bed."

Oh hell no.

"No. No no no. I refuse. Last night was a one time deal for awhile. We barely know each other!"

"Doesn't matter. You're mine," he stated, completely positive.

I just glared at him.

"I will sleep on the floor."

"No you won't," he grit his teeth.

"You aren't the boss of me."

"I'm your alpha."

"An alpha. I'm not a werewolf," I pointed out, grinning.

Check and mate.

"That doesn't matter, Vera," he snapped.

I looked at him surprised.

"It doesn't matter if you're human, you were accepted into the werewolf world. You are one of us."

I gawked at him and a sense of satisfaction rolled over me. This was what I always wanted to be put into words. I'm not like them, but I'm still a part of them. I say nothing as I grab my clothes and go to the bathroom to change.

When I came back he was sitting on the bed, resting his head in his hands.

"What did I do now?" He whispered softly to himself.

I walked over to the bed and crawled in, bringing the covers up to my chin. I looked over to see him staring at me, baffled.

"Night," I whispered.

He nodded before turning away, but not before I saw a little smile show up on his face. He grabs a remote and presses a button, making the lights turn off, then he pulled up the covers and laid with me.

I sighed, replaying his words in my head and I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. Being human doesn't make him look at me differently.

He still accepts me like any other pack member, even if I'm not a werewolf.

"Good night," I whisper to him as I drift asleep, but before I'm completely submerged in unconsciousness, I feel a pair of strong arms circle me, tiny tingles spread across my body.

"Good night, Tiny mate," he said softly.