Call Girl

I let out a squeal as Rider chased me around the cabin.

"Better run faster, Kitten or I'll catch you," he warned with a playful growl.

I giggled as I slid down the stairway railing. I almost tripped as I skidded across the wooden floor in my socks, giving Rider the opening he was looking for. He pounced, tackling me gently. I yelped, but he twisted, cushioning my fall, then he kept rolling so that he was on top of me.

I was out of breath as I looked up at him, startled. He stared down at me, and I could tell he was fighting with his wolf.

"Rider?" I asked, concerned.

"Sorry, little one, but no. It's his wolf," he grinned wickedly.

I gulped.

"Oh hey," I said slightly nervous.

"I can smell your nerves, tiny mate. We have played before, no?" He reminded me.

I had a short flash back to the time when I was packing to leave for California. Rider's wolf buried his face in my neck and I squeaked, startled.

"Ah, that smell. Rider has been holding back a great deal," pouted the wolf.

"Simply giving you little kisses on the forehead like a pup. If it was my decision, I would make sure you were marked. I don't like the thought of you around the inmates wolves of my pack," he snarled, disgusted.

I fidgeted under him, uncomfortable.

"Would you like that, little one?" He asked, curiously. I shook my head sharply.

He looked slightly hurt.

"Why not?"

"Uh... I'm not exactly ready for that," I said quietly.

"It's not very painful at all. It hurts for a few moments only, little one. Then you feel very nice," he said with a giant grin.

I had a distinct feeling he was thinking about the moment with great detail.

"No," I said stubbornly.

He looked at me with a small glare for a moment before putting his face back in the crook of my neck. I laid like a plank of wood, so stiff. Then after a few moments, Rider's body tensed. Then his head lifted.

"I'm back," was all he said.

I nodded and then started squirming again, reminding him of our compromising situation. He was off of me in a flash, leaving me to scrabble up as well, but he had disappeared. I sighed and went to the kitchen. Might as well eat something.
...

"Hey Rose," I said as she picked up the phone.

"Vera!" She squealed loudly causing me to wince.

"Why haven't you called me sooner? How are you? Are you at his pack yet?" She asked, her mouth already going a hundred miles an hour.

"Um, well it's been pretty busy, I haven't been away from Rider until now to be honest. I'm fine, a little home sick, we just made it to his pack today. How is everything at home?" I wondered, more interested in what she had to say.

"Well it's all good. We miss you. Oh, and what else? Oh! Oh my god Jeremy marked me!" She shouted enthusiastically.

I felt my jaw drop.

"Really? Wow, Rose that's amazing! Did it hurt?" I asked, thinking back to my previous conversation with Rider's wolf.

"Um... A little at first, but then it felt fine. It's kinda sore but it didn't bleed much or anything."

"I'm so happy for you Rose. I haven't called mom and dad yet so this conversation needs to be kept on the down low," I said teasingly.

"Got you homie G," she said teasingly.

"Well I gotta go. Jeremy and I are going on a date tonight. I love you and miss you!" Rose said.

I repeated it back to her then hung up. While I was on the phone with mom and dad, a knock came on the door. I told them bye then hesitantly went down stairs. Should I answer it? Where's rider when you need him?

I felt my slight panic but then reluctantly went to the door and opened it. A pretty girl stood there wearing short shorts and a crop top. She was taller than me by a lot and had bleached blonde hair. Her perfume cloud hit me like a truck. She sneered at me unattractively.

"Who the f*** are you?" She asked snootily.

I blinked at her, surprised. Then my attitude kicked in.

"Who the f*** are you?" I asked eye brow arched as I leaned against the door frame casually.

"I'm Mackenzie," she said rolling her eyes.

"Where's Rider?" She asked, popping a hand on her hip.

I felt a pulse of anger and jealousy at her use of his name so informally. Who was this s*** to him?

"Alpha Rider went out, but last time I checked he hadn't order a call girl," I hissed then slammed the door in her face.

I could hear her gasp at my slamming the door in her face then she murmured some nasty things under breath then left, her heels clicking loudly. Da** she smelled so strongly, I don't think I'll ever forget that nasty stench.