Gift

Vera's mark above! Also, 150 reads, 25 votes and 10 comments on this chapter for the next update! Love you all ❤️ ~Brit
_____________________

I was eyeing the space around him, watching the colors swirl. I recognized these colors now. The light yellow was curiosity, the greenish blue confusion.

"You're perfectly cured. In just 2 hours you healed," Doctor Henry announced.

I smiled and looked up at Rider as he nodded his head, glad.

"See! I'm all good," I pointed out victoriously.

He gave me a serious look.

"You still need to be careful, Vera. You're fragile," he said.

I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Fragile my a-"

He scooped me up, surprising me before I could finish.

"Let's get you something to eat."

I pouted but let him hold me. I relaxed against his chest, listening to his heart beat. I was scared to tell him. I feel like he might ditch me, you know? He doesn't seem very attached to me. He's pretty stand offish and I know for a fact plenty of other girls, far prettier and better than me, were just around the corner waiting at his beck and call.

Including that slutty girl from before. What was her name? Mackenzie? The memory of her turned my mood sour. I still remember how he stuck up for her. I glanced up at Rider. He hasn't even kissed me yet. Maybe I'm unappealing. Maybe he really is still messing with other girls like Mackenzie.

That thought made me sad and a bit angry. He looked down, catching the look on my face before I could turn away.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

I shook my head.

"I want to walk," I mumbled.

He was silent, but didn't do what I said.

"Rider. I want to be put down," I said again, more stiffly.

"No."

"What?"

"No."

"I wasn't asking, if I want to walk, I can walk now put me down!" I shouted angrily.

Now, we were not walking but instead Rider stood in the middle of the hallway. I squirmed in his arms, trying to get out of his grip.

"Vera. Stop. Why are you upset with me?" He growled.

I stopped and eyed his aura. There were plenty of pretty colors. He was angry, confused, and even a little hurt.

"I'm fine, let me go," I said, pushing against him. He didn't budge.

"Don't lie," he said.

"Fine!" I shouted.

"I'm pissed cuz you stuck up for that girl, Mackenzie. I don't understand who she is to you. I'm scared you're messing around behind my back, wouldn't be the first time you cheated. You're an alpha. Aren't they supposed to have heightened needs? You haven't even kissed me." I yelled, tears prickling my eyes.

He held me a little away from him causing hurt to spring in my heart.

"Mackenzie was an old fling. I haven't done anything since I accepted you as my mate," he replied stiffly, setting me on my feet. I eyes his aura. Hurt, anger, sadness. Him admitting that he had done things with Mackenzie hurt, but he said he's been faithful since. I softened.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

The hurt was still there and sadness, but the anger muted slightly.

"I haven't kissed you because I didn't think you were ready," he stated.

I nodded, I don't mind that we haven't kissed yet. Honestly, right now that should be the last thing on my mind.

"But since you're complaining..." Rider trailed off with an evil grin.

"I won't hold back anymore," he winked.

I blushed and blinked several times. He took a menacing step forward with a devious smirk. I yelped and bolted. I ran to the guest bedroom down stairs and locked the door. All you could hear was Rider's amused laughter. I stood there panting as I held my heart then a light smile grazed my lips.

He makes me... Happy. Maybe he can accept my abilities.

He will, Vera. He was made to love you. Terran said in my head.

I nodded, glad she was there to reassure me.

You'll be receiving a guest soon. He'll help with your abilities. We have to prepare you. Terran claimed.

That statement made me pause.

"A guest?" I asked, nervous.

But I received no response. Once again, Terran had sunk to the back of my thoughts where she laid dormant until she felt the need to appear. I unlocked the door and joined Rider in the kitchen, watching him make grilled cheese.

He said something, teasing me. I grumble at him, embarrassed as he chuckles, and his aura floods with gold. Love. I'll make this work.