Curse

Vera above guys
______________________

It was silent and everyone looked shocked. Finally, my brother spoke up.

"You knew you were mates to my sister... But you slept with that she wolf last night?"

Rose gasped, her hands flying over her mouth as she looked at me with pity. I looked away. I didn't want her pity. I wanted to leave.

"Yes," was all Rider said.

I sneered at him with disgust before pushing him roughly. He took a step back, surprise on his face. I put my face close to his, or as close as I could get with him bring a foot taller than me.

"Don't ever speak to me again. Don't look at me. Don't even breath in my direction. You are disgusting and I hate you!" I told him, feeling nothing but anger.

He seemed to freeze. I looked at my pack, seeing how all of them were quiet, some shocked, hurt or angry. I didn't care. Not anymore. I ran upstairs and started packing.
....

"C'mon, Vera, unlock the door!" Rose cried angrily, pounding against the wood.

I didn't say anything, but continued to pack.

"Ver, I swear I'll break down the door," rose warned.

I rolled my eyes. She wouldn't do anything. Rose has always been all bark no bite. Finally, the pounding stopped and Rise went silent. I thought she had walked away for a minute but then I heard her voice.

"Why didn't you tell me, Ver? That you felt like that. That Rider was your mate? Why didn't you come to me? I thought we were best friends..." She trailed off, her voice hurt.

I felt myself soften. I went over to the door and opened it, pulling her in quickly before shutting and locking it again. She pulled me into a hug instantly.

"Vera!" She cried into my shoulder.

I hugged her back tightly, but I didn't cry. I was tired of the tears. After a moment I pulled away.

"I'm sorry Rose, but I didn't want to be that person. The envious, mean girl that envied everyone, hated everyone. I tried to ignore it, but I just, don't belong here. I thought maybe I did when I found out Rider was my mate, but Rose.... He hates me. He cheated on me within the first 24 hours," I said sadly.

"Oh, Vera, he doesn't hate you! He's been a mess ever since you locked yourself up here. He's just sitting in the back yard on the lawn furniture, and if anyone approaches him he threatens to attack. His wolf is in shock. He might be really hurt if he doesn't snap out of it soon," Rose stated, putting a putting hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off.

"I don't care. I hate him, Rose. I never did anything to him, but he was disgusted to have me as a mate, just cuz I was human."
Rose nodded and dropped the subject, instead helped me pack.

"Where are you going to go?"

"Probably California. I've always wanted to go to the beach and it's supposed to be sunny all year round!"

She smiled at my excitement.

"It sounds great, Ver," suddenly she started tearing up.
"I'm going to miss you so much though."

"I'll miss you too, Rose," I stated, hugging her.

Suddenly, there was a scratching at my door. I walked over curiously and opened it the tiniest amount. An unfamiliar wolf stood there, belly low to the ground and ears pressed back in submission. I looked at it curiously before squatting down.