Fight

The sound of the front door opening and closing alerted me from the guest bedroom. I had decided I couldn't be in Rider's room after the thought of him with that skank.

I could hear his footsteps walking around, looking for me until he finally sniffed me out. His tall, well built form stood silently in the door frame.

"Vera," he said, looking to be at a loss for words.

"Rider," I replied stiffly. It was silent till he finally replied with

"It's getting late. You should go to bed."

I let out a frustrated groan.

"You've been gone all day and that's all you had to say?" I exclaimed.

Rider's face hardened as I stood up and marched myself right up to his towering body.

"Just dump me off at some unfamiliar pack, don't say anything, just disappear!" I said going to poke his chest angrily, but his hand stopped me.

Then, a very familiar stench wafted off of him. My gaze turned ice cold as I tried to yank my hand away from his powerful grip.

"You-you-you!" I stuttered beyond furious as I fought against his hold.

"You jerk!" I screamed, surprising Rider enough for him to let me go.

"You were with that nasty skank! I can't believe you!" I yelled, stepping away from him.

He looked utterly confused and pissed.

"What the hell are you going on about, Vera?" He finally snapped.

"That stupid b****, Mackenzie!"

"How do you know Mackenzie?" He demanded, anger building in his voice.

"That who** came knocking for you at the front door this afternoon, dressed as a cheap prostitute!" I growled, looking at him with disgust.

He noticed that look, fury taking over his face. He strode forward to me in a flash, then grabbed my biceps painfully.

"Don't speak illy of any of my pack members. I am your alpha now and I demand respect," he snarled terrifyingly as his grip on my arms tightened painfully.

"Do you understand?" He hissed lowly.

I felt absolutely betrayed and scared of my mate. I nodded, refusing to look him in the eyes. His grip on my biceps was too strong causing me to wince as unshed tears burned my eyes. He let go sharply as if I burned him.

"Vera..." He trailed off, realizing how far he had gone.

I turned away from him, rubbing my arms where his grip used to keep me.

"Good night Alpha Rider," I said, my voice cracking slightly, much to my embarrassment.

I could tell he hesitated, but then, he walked out. I collapsed as soon as his foot steps faded away. Sobs racked my body as I held myself, trying to keep myself from falling to pieces. He... Hurt me.

I raised the sleeves to my sweat shirt, noticing bruises already appearing on my pale skin. He left a mark. I crawled into my bed, despair enveloping my very being. The pain was numbing, empty.

I finally fell into unconsciousness, tears still streaming down my cheeks. Rider betrayed me.
...
I woke up extremely early the next morning. Maybe around 4 am. I didn't want to risk seeing Rider. So, while he was sleeping, I snuck out for a run. Ha ha, ironic I know. The human surrounded by wolves enjoys to go one runs.

(For you slower readers, To go on a run is more of a slang term for werewolves when they wish to shift and run/hunt etc. in their human form.)

Sporting my running shorts and tank I close the front door softly as I make my way father and farther from the Alpha's cabin. I decided I wanted to take a jog down to the lake. This place once again struck me with its beauty.

I jogged along the lake's shore, the water so clean it looked clear, and you could see the colorful rocks in the submerged bank. I jogged at a steady pace. Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out. Thoughts of yesterday flashed through my mind.

Rose. My parents. Mackenzie. Rider. Mackenzie. Rider. Rider.  Rider. The memories pushed me to go faster, like running would make them go away. Soon, I was racing across the beach. I had always been a fast runner and I didn't tire out quickly.

Thanks to all that practice chasing after Ripley. Soon I hit the tree line, but I didn't stop, I kept going. The finger shaped bruise marks on my biceps seemed to burn me like they were saying

Don't forget about us! We're here. He put us here.

Pain seared my trail blindly as I sped away from my thoughts, hoping the exertion would make my mind go blank. I don't know how long I ran. All I know, is when I stopped. I collapsed to the earth from exhaustion. I knelt there on my hands and knees for awhile, breathing heavily as I felt bike ride in my throat.

I leaned back, resting on my heels. The forest was beautiful around me. Light shining through the trees, leaves resting quietly on the ground and some animal was being noisy. It was definitely later in the afternoon. I sat back and enjoyed the peace, resting against a tall tree with grey wood and sparse leaves.

It was beautiful. But then I realized something that immediately sent panic running down my spine. I didn't know where the hell I was.