More Wolf than Human

Pack lands above!
______________________

"Woah," I whispered, staring at the large pack grounds.

Huge cabin like building were spread out across the property, and a beautiful lake was off to the side. You had a perfect view of the silver mountains on the horizon. Basically the place was breath taking.

Rider came up behind me, wrapping a sly arm around my waist.

"Those three buildings over there are the pack houses, the cabin with the white fence around it is the school. The gardens are a bit farther down, out of the way. There's a small store over there, and the cabin way over there? That's our's." He named out, pointing to each place, but I could hardly focus with him so close to me.

I could smell his scent. Masculine and woodsy. It was really nice.

"Wait- our cabin?" I asked, shocked.

He chuckled, nuzzling his face in my neck a bit.

"Of course. You're my mate," he replied huskily.

I gulped, trying not to let out a squeak as he inhaled my scent deeply. Suddenly am excited yip sounded in my peripheral vision. I turned to look and see a small wolf, a pup. It spun in a circle once in excitement before running off.

"Well there goes our quiet get away," Rider mumbled, moving slightly away from me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

He rubbed the back of his neck tiredly.

"I was trying to sneak you in so you wouldn't have to deal with the whole pack right away. Take it slow, you know?" He explained.

I smiled at him. That was so... Thoughtful. I stood ok my tippy toes to kiss his cheek. He looked at me, surprised.

"Thank you," I said, grinning shyly. He smiled back happily, and I could practically see his wolf cheering.

Then, we were bombarded by wolves. I jumped startled and shrunk back in to Rider, scared. There were so many and they seemed to be coming from every where. They kept getting closer to me, sniffing and barking loudly.

"Enough!" Rider roared, causing all the wolves to drop on their bellies with a whimper  or whine.

After the hundreds upon hundreds of wolves calmed down, Rider spoke.

"This is Vera. You might be curious as to why she is here, but you will not make her feel the least bit unwelcome," he demanded sharply.

A few of the wolves let out a whine at his tone.

"She's my mate and you're future Luna."

As soon as he said that, they all sprung up, yipping excitedly and bounding forward to pick me wherever they could reach. I stood there surprised, before letting out a nervous giggle.

"Back up," Rider growled out. They quickly scooted back.

I cleared my throat nervously as they all stared at me, wagging their tails happily.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm so glad I'll get the chance to live here with you, and I'll make sure I don't disappoint," I said with a small smile.

All the wolves barked excitedly before Rider shoed then off.

"That went well," I said, impressed.

He smiled gloatingly.

"I told you so," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully then nudged him playfully with my hip.

"Why were they all in wolf form?" I wondered, recalling how no one was in their human bodies.

"Well, like I said before, my wolves are more wolf than human, and one of those reasons is because they are in their wolf for more than other wolves.

Being in such a human free place gives them the ability to shift whenever they want. They act more wolf too. Their loyalty to their alphas are stronger, their bodies are more durable. Nothing wrong with being in wolf form here," he explained as he led me to our cabin.

I followed behind, my interest peaked.

"Don't they ever shift back?"

"Well, of course, but in their free time they prefer to be in wolf form," he answered.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Is that why they didn't seem to mind me being human?"

"No. My pack wouldn't have minded either way, but with their wolves mostly in control, it does help smooth over any minuscule doubts." I turned my attention to the cabin now.

It was pretty big, maybe a little smaller than my old pack house. Rider unlocked and opened the door, and I walked in hesitantly. It was beautiful inside. The couches were leather, and there was a glass coffee table in front of the sectional. A large flat screen TV hung on the wall along with numerous photos.

A huge rug covered a good portion of the hard wood floor. Other decorations were scattered across the room. A book shelf, a stereo system etc. The kitchen was just as nice. All stainless steel appliances, marble counter tops and a pantry full of snacks, cook books and lots and lots of gummies. I glance over at Rider with amusement.

"Gummies are pretty good," he admits bashfully.

I laugh as I close the pantry and continue wandering around the house. The dining room, the down stairs bathroom and an office. There's also a man cave in the basement along with a laundry room and a storage area. Up stairs, there were a few bedrooms along with the master bedroom.

There were three bathrooms, and a big open space that connected it all. More pictures hung on the walls here.

"Vera, come on," Rider said, waving me down the hall.

He opened the door to a room I could only assume to be his. Maroon walls, black sheets and curtains, hard wood floors, walk in closet with a master bathroom and jacuzzi tub.

"This is our room," Rider pointed out with a grin.

I gulped, slightly nervous.

"Are you sure you want to share a room?" I squeaked, fidgeting with my hands.

"You were fine the past two nights," he said obviously.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah I had no choice though!"

"You enjoyed it."

"Nuh uh," I said stubbornly.

"Oh really now?" He asked slyly, making his way closer to me.

"Yes?"

"Yes what?"

"Yes really."

"Oh, Vera, I tried to give you a chance to tell the truth, but now you must be punished," he said with an evil smirk.

I gulped. Oh no.