DNA (Zayn Malik) fanfiction

The bright lights shine in my eyes as I twiddle with the strings on my guitar. Right now, I honestly thought I was in heaven from how bright the light was. The sweat on my face falls on my eyes. My heart beats faster than a race car when I see the audience staring at me. One yells, "are you gonna sing or what", it makes my heart beat faster than before. I take a quick glance at the nightstand to look for Jade, yet she's nowhere to be found. All eyes are on me now. Well there kinda like death glares if I might add. Right when I decide to leave my mouth begins to open. "Uh", I choke, "I'm Emma Grace and i'll be singing going nowhere by little mix." The crowds stare gets me even more nervous than I was before. This is the first time i've ever sung in front of an audience, even though we were in a bar.

'Sick of you playing on that Xbox thing'

'Your never gonna get me with the diamond ring'

The crowd loosens up a little which makes me loosen up at the sight. When I'm on stage usually i would think of my mom, but that was like years and years ago. Ever since she died I haven't been able to get back on my feet. I started working at the pub by performing but anytime I tried I would either black out or Jade would come and save me off the stage. This was my third try and I couldn't mess up.

The clapping of the audience made me flinch. I couldn't even believe how many people were applauding at my performance. It actually made me relax as I finished. I smiled brightly at the crowd. They were all chanting. Who would of thought i'd actually perform well? Certainly not me. "Thank you very much", I smiled brightly while walking off the stage.

Jade brought me into a big bear hug. "I'm so proud of you!" Jade was a real friend she was always there for me when I needed her the most. We've been best friends since we were six years old. Sometimes we would call each other sisters just because how close we were. "You did-" she slowly let go of me not finishing her sentence. She smiled brightly at the figure behind me which made me more curious of what she was staring at. She tried to speak but I knew she couldn't since she was as excited as a little girl on Christmas Day. Jade has selective mutism. When she's excited nervous or scared she can't speak, and at the looks of it, she's excited. If anyone finds out about that, she has to go to a school for kids that have disabilities, so we just keep it a secret. I slowly turn around, each step at a time I see a leather jacket, some amazingly cute nike's, skinny jeans and when I reach my last step I see its a guy around my age with black quiff hair that has blonde at the top and caramel eyes staring right at me with a cheeky grin on his lips. Where have I seen him before? Okay caramel eyes, quiff, leather- wait! He's.....Zayn Malik from one direction. I try hard not to laugh when I realiz that's what Jade was all excited about. "Jade", I say chuckling, "that's what you were excited about?" She sends me the death glare while Zayn is standing there, eyes furrowed. I cough, "I'm sorry. What can I do for you Zayn?" I say trying to calm myself down.

"You were amazing up there." He was fiddling with his fingers nervously, but as for me, I was waiting for him to continue on. I already knew where this was leading to. "We'll I was wondering if you would like to hang out sometime." He scratch the back of his neck and I could totally see the blush creeping up my neck. He stepped forward and his nose was practically touching mine.

I wouldn't say he looked love struck but he was a total flirt. I would tell you this though, he totally made my heart skip a beat. This could be the death of me. Not that I as a fan of one direction. I barely listen to there music. My mind goes back to reality when I realized he's shaking my arm. "Uh sorry I got lost in my thoughts." At that moment I forgot Jade was even here. She smiled brightly at me, which meant yes. Zayn on the other hand was so nervous it was actually cute. "I barely know you. I didnt even know who you were until i took a second glance." The hurt in Zayns eyes almost made my heart shatter. Jade gave me a small nudge. I rolled my eyes turned back to Zayn. "Okay but nothing big. We're starting as friends." I felt the guilt that I had slipping away from my body when I saw the smile on his face. I grabbed my guitar with my right arm and my left hand intertwined with Zayns. I turned back to Jade to see she was jumping like crazy. If you saw her right now you would die laughing. She's crazy, but that's what I love about her. I stopped when I saw what type of car he was driving me in. That was a way better car than what I had. A gray Porsche was right in front of me.

Zayn smirked when he saw me staring at the car. "We'll aren't you going to get in?" I was gob dropped. My own car would crumble just by standing next to this baby. Before I can say yes, my feet were already dragging me in. As soon as Zayn came into the car all he did was laugh. "Oh shut up!" We both laughed. "Not all people have fancy cars."

Ten minutes into the ride, I decided to turn on the radio. I sung the words to Let me love you by Mario. In the background i heard someone elses voice. It was very Angelic. I automatically knew who it was and a smile creeped up my neck. I kept on singing with Zayn. It felt like competition, considering he was a better singer and his voice was over powering me. My fingertips were tapping to the beat of the song. Zayns gaze was on me the whole time which made it hard to focus on what I was singing. "You sound amazing, again." I turned the other way so he wouldn't see me blushing. When I say my cheek was as red as a tomatoe, I'm not kidding.

The scenery was amazing. The tall trees. The cute little kids playing football. I couldn't help but smile. It kinda remind of my mom. She would always sing to me as I swung on the swing. I didn't realize we parked until I saw Zayn on the other side of the car opening my door. To be honest, I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck. I guess the thought of my mom made feel at ease. I grab my guitar and settle it near a tree around everyone. "What are you doing?" Zayn asked curiously

I sighed, "what does it look like I'm doing", could it be anymore obvious. The breeze blowing made me relax. The feel of the strings on my fingertips start to move as I start playing as long as you love me by Justin Bieber.

'As long as you love me

'I'm under pressure seven billion people in the world trying to fit in

'Keep it together smile on your face even though your heart is frowning

My fingers move fluently on the strings. The presence of other people around make me keep going. I lose myself in the music, emotion filling inside me. Zayn makes his way towards me and that's when I hear his angelic voice. There were gasps and "oh my god that's Zayn from one direction," i rolled my eyes at how annoying they were. He harmonizes and sings the second verse with me. Don't mean to be cocky or whatever, but actually do sound good together. My heart sinks realizing that would never happen in a lifetime. I'm not as good as him. We start wrapping up the song and the applause was louder than the one at the pub. I didn't even know people were watching.