Chapter 6

Austin and I didn't really go anywhere big. We kinda just walked around the city. He showed me a lot of places I haven't even knew exited.

He dropped me off to my hotel. Everything about him was way different from Zayn. He's like a missing piece to a pie. Zayns the pie and Austin's the missing piece. Austin's not a jerk, but Zayn is. We were standing in the front of my hotel room. Awkward silence had filled the hallway.

Only for a second.

The hotel room door opened. I turned around to see Zayn standing there. This was not what I expected. Now the awkwardness is just going to get worse. I stood in between, not knowing what to do. All I know is that this might not turn out well. Zayn was frozen. He didn't even move an inch. Austin acted like nothing was going on. He was relaxed unlike me and Zayn. And as if I can tell the future, Zayn immediately starts speaking and Austin smiles.

"Hi I'm Austin Mahone. I was just hanging out with this beautiful lady. I heard she's in your band, right?" He stepped forward greeting Zayn with his hand out.

"Uh yah." Zayn said slowly. He stepped backed away from Austin slowly. His response made Austin put his hand down. I rolled my eyes at how much of a child he was. "We'll I gotta go." He said slowly, again stepping away from Austin. He walked down the hallway, ruffling his hair. He looked like he just woke up and I've known him long enough to know he's going to come back. Probably getting breakfast. That's all he's doing. If he is tired, he wouldn't be out for that long.

The silence immediately came back when Zayn left. I scratched my forehead not knowing what to do. Austin hand his hands in his pockets, swaying up and down. I wanted to tell him sorry for Zayns childish attitude, but it would've probably made things more awkward. "Um thank you for today." Before he could say anything else, I walked in the living room. My body sunk into the chair, while I watched tv.

About fifteen minutes later, the door opened. I didn't have to turn around to see what or who it is. I turned off the tv and walked into the kitchen acting as if I never heard it open. His footsteps were getting closer. I grabbed a glass of milk and sat on the counter, kicking my legs back and forth.

"Who was that!" Zayn slammed his keys on the table. I flinched. Some milk spilled on my shirt.

"What the heck!" I yelled back, slamming my milk on the table, making more spill.

"Why were you hanging out with him?!"

I laughed bitterly. "Since when do you think you can go in my personal life." I stepped towards Zayn, which made him step forward.

"I don't think you should go out with him. You don-" I cut him off.

"Your not my dad. Heck, I didn't even have one. He was to busy making out with other women behind my moms back." Zayn looked scared but sympathetic and sorry. I made another move and stepped closer. His response was stepping back. "You know what he also did, he abused her in front of me. He never hurt me though! Apparently I was to special and important to him! I didn't know what he meant at the time but now I know." Tears sprung in my eyes as the memories filled in. Zayn was shocked, surprised, full of alot of emotions. "You wanna know what he was going to do to me Zayn?" I stepped forward, then Zayn stepped back. He kept shaking his head no. I wanted to stop but I couldn't. I just had to let the anger out. Tears were now falling and the pain I felt when I was little came rushing back. The hurt, the betrayals, the lies, everything came rushing back. "He was going to rape me. I was going to be his special victim! I didn't know at the time what it meant, but now I do. My mom put him in jail. It's been thirteen years since I've seen him." That's when I started sobbing. "You know how scared I am at night. I used to always have nightmares about if he came b-back and was going to hurt me. The worst thing about that dream though is knowing that all the sacrifices my mom put me through to keep me safe had been for nothing!" I don't know why i told him all of that honestly. It started from "don't hang out with him", to "my dads in jail". I fell to the floor crying. I covered my face in my hands, shaking trying to shake my thoughts away. Arms wrapped around my shoulders. Zayn whispered soothing words to my ears, calming me down. After a while, I found myself falling asleep in Zayns arms on the floor, while he kept whispering more words into my ears.