Chapter 9

Emma's POV

We were driving to five guys. I've heard its a burger place but I eat anything so I dont really care. Wait. Scratch that. I dont im pretty sure anyone could list somethings i wouldnt eat. But lets not shall we. The ride there was really quiet though. I dont know if its just me but Zayn is acting really quiet. More quiet than usuall. He's been like this ever since last night which is really irritating me. I mean did i say sommething. Like, i cant even here him breathe when he's driving. Thats how quiet he is.

I was relieved when we reached the area. It was crowded with people. There were big city buildings and i was afraid i was going to get smothered by paparazzi. The place was a bright red and you can see the waiters through the door rolling in with food. My eyes fell on a girl who kinda looked like the one on Zayns arm, but she had pink highlights at the end and was wearing a black hat, sitting in a booth with a couple of girls. I got out of the car and of course, just what i expected was screaming fans and paparazzi running our way. They would throw us with questions like "are you guys going on a date'', "are you guys together." We would immediately reply with ''no we are just hanging out''. but i didnt even know if Zayn and i were together. So i couldnt answer that question myself either.

We walked into five guys and the strong smell of onions and ketchup filled the air. It wasnt disgusting but it wasnt good either. You could say it was neutral. It smelled like a regular fast food place. We sat in our booth waiting for the waiter to come up. ''You like it here so far.'' I say to Zayn trying to make small talk.

Zayn chuckled. ''I guess.''  I nodded slowly waiting for an answer. Instead i got nothing but him bobbing his head to the music of love somebody by maroon 5. I rolled my eyes and sunk into my chair. 

''I guess this is how its going to be for atleast the next thirty minutes.'' I mumbled to myself.

''What'' Zayn said looking up at me. He has good hearing. I wasnt even that loud.

''Nothing.'' I said playing with my fingers. 

Our waiter finally came and i was happy to know she didnt look like a hooter girl. Which is a total mens bar. She had simple makeup on that i usually wear. And her hair was in a ponytail. She opened her pocket book waiting for us to order. "Um i would like a burger with pickles, onions, ketchup and tomatoes. With fries on the side.'' She nodded righting it down in her pad.

''Would you like some mustard on that.'' She asked smiling. I shook my head immediately. I hate mustered. I dont even like the smell of it or how it looks or what it taste like. Even thinking about it makes me wanna puke. ''Are you sure about that mam. It makes the burger have an extra kick to it.'' She said. I felt uncomfortable when she said mam. I felt like an old woman when she did. I mean im only 18.

''No. Im actually not a big fan of mustard.'' I said.

The lady frowned. These people have alot of respect for there food. "And what can i get you sir.'' You can tell she knew exactly who he was because she was smiling like a little girl on christmas. But who wouldnt know Zayn. Even people who dont like The Zayn Malik. ''I'll just get fries and a chicken sub. Thats all.'' He said half smiling to the waitress. She nodded and rushed immiediately to get the orders.

The whole time we waited it was quiet. I honestly dont know whats going on with Zayn. Im actually afraid that if i ask him he'll be mad at me. I just hate when theres just awkward silence like this.  Im just going to do what any girl would do right now. ''um im going to go to the restroom okay.'' I nodded. He opened his mouth but it was to late. I was already in the bathroom where all the girls were putting on there makeup. Im just standing here at the door looking at them. Who would want to hang out in a bathroom. I walk through the crowd of girls tripping over all of there cosmetics. When i finally reached the sink i saw the girl that was in the booth that looked like the girl on Zayns arm. I slid closer to her realizing more and more that it was the girl from Zayns arm. Which of course was his sister. ''Your names Perrie right.'' I said trying not to freak her out.