Happy New Year!

Ryan was going to to the balcony

"Wait, Ryan!" Veronica yelled.

He turned around.

"Hi."  He greeted her.

"Hey." Veronica smiled.

"You're a great singer." He told her.

"So are you. Why do I feel like I've seen you before?" She asked.

"Go Wildcats." He smiled.

"Oh my god! You go to East High! Why haven't we talked before?" She asked.

"Because we're in different circles. You're the head cheerleader while I'm-"

"Sharpay's brother! I remember you now!" She exclaimed as realization took over her face.

"The theatre dork." He said pointing towards himself.

"You're not a theatre dork Ryan. You're really cool." She told him in a serious tone.

He started laughing uncontrollably then saw her serious expression.

"Oh, you're serious." He realized.

She nodded.

"You really think I'm cool?" He asked.

"I do and you're also an amazing singer." She smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"And so what we're in different circles. We could be friends."  She told him.

"And maybe something more?" He questioned.

She blushed.

"Lets exchange numbers."  She offered.

And they exchanged numbers.

"9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"  The crowd cheered.

The crowd went wild as an impressive fireworks display began.

"Well, I better go wish my family a Happy New Year!" Veronica yelled over the noise.

"Yeah me too, I mean not your family, my family!"  He yelled awkwardly.

She giggled.

"I'll call you and see you at school!"  Ryan yelled.

"Yeah!" She yelled back and left.

"Veronica." He mumbled as she left.
_______________________________________

While that was happening...

Troy and Gabriella walked out onto the Freestyle Club balcony for a chat over some hot chocolate

"But seriously, you have an amazing voice. You're a singer right?" Troy asked.

"Just church choir is all. I tried to do a solo and nearly fainted." She told him.

"Really? Why is that?"  He asked.

"I took one look at all the people staring at me and next thing I knew I was staring at the ceiling. End of solo career."  She explained.

"Well with the way you sang tonight, that's pretty hard to believe." He told her.

"Well, that was the first time I did that. I mean, it was so cool!" She exclaimed.

"I know! Completely!" He exclaimed.

"Well, you sounded like you've sung a lot, too."  She told him.

"Yeah sure. My showerhead is very impressed with me."  He joked.

She giggled.

"9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"  The Crowd cheered.

The crowd went wild as an impressive fireworks display began.

Troy and Gabriella looked at each other in a moment of silence before Gabriella broke the silence

"I guess I better go find my mom and wish her a Happy New Year." She told him.

"Yeah, me too. I mean, not your mom. My mom...and dad. Uh, I'll call you. I'll call you tomorrow." Troy told her.

"Yeah!" She yelled because of the noise.

"Here, put your number in."  Troy gave his phone to her.

After she put her number in and Troy took a picture of Gabriella

"You too." She gave him her phone.

Troy put his number in her phone and took a picture of himself with it.

"There you go." He gave her phone back.

Gabriella walked away without Troy noticing.

"Just so you know, singing with you is the most fun I've had on this entire vacation. So um, where do you live?" He asked.

Troy discovered that Gabriella has left. He looked at the picture of her in his phone longingly.

"Gabriella." He mumbled.
_______________________________________

Troy and Veronica were walking until they bumped into each other.

"Oh, I'm sorry." They said at the same time and realized it was just the other twin.

"Bro?"

"Sis?"

They said at the same time

"Happy New Year!" They exclaimed and hugged each other but as soon as they realized what they were doing they let of each other. 

There was a long silence.

"We will never speak of this again,"  Veronica ordered.

"Agreed," Troy said in a robotic tone.

"Ok, so the boy I was singing with, Ryan. He goes to our school!" She squealed.

"Cool." He said kind of upset.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"Oh nothing, it's just the girl I sang with, Gabriella. I know nothing about her except her name and her  number." He explained.

"Hey, at least you have her phone number." Veronica tried to lighten the mood.

Troy gave a 'seriously?' look.

"Don't worry bro you'll find her." She told him.

"I sure do hope so." He nodded.

"We should head back," Veronica told him.

"Yeah," he mumbled.
_______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...