The Big Day (3)

While Sharpay and Ryan sang their song

_______________________________________

Championship Game

"Wildcats!" The team finished their huddle.

"...the coveted championship trophy!" The Announcer continued.

The Wildcats made their way onto the court and shook hands with the other team.

And so the game began!

"East High wins the opening tip, pushing the ball up the court." The announcer said as it was being done.
_______________________________________

Scholastic Decathlon

Gabriella's markerboard was filled with the equation and she finished first. The judge walked over to check the work and gave the point to Gabriella.

The audience went crazy including Ms. Montez.

"East High." The Decathlon announcer said the winner.

"We did it!" Taylor cheered with Gabriella.

"Great job!" Gabriella shook her opponent's hand.

Taylor and Gabriella both checked the clock as Taylor opened her laptop.

"All right, Wildcats, time for an orderly exit from the gym." Taylor transmitted a message that knocked out the power in the gym.

_______________________________________

Gym

"And West High pushes the ball around the perimeter on the offensive end. Nice ball movement by West High. Driving the lane... shot is up and..." The announcer was caught off guard as...

The scoreboard and the lights started shorting out. The game buzzer was heard.

"We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties, uh-" The announcer didn't know what to do.

The referee blew his whistle, signaling a timeout.

"We've got a timeout on the court here." The announcer said.

"We have a problem. Stop the game. Stop the game." The referee signaled.

"Referee has signaled a timeout." The announcer told everybody.

Veronica ran up to Troy and Chad. She motioned that they needed to get going. They left and Coach Bolton saw this.

"Everyone please remain calm."  The announcer told them.
_______________________________________
Decathlon

Taylor's laptop was opened again. Shorting the power in the gym was the easy part.

The diversion that Taylor had in mind for the decathlon is much more unpleasant. Taylor sent the signal. A few feet away was a beaker filled with a blue liquid. The beaker was connected to a Bunsen burner and within seconds the liquid started bubbling and judging by the reactions, it had released a foul odor.

"Go, go, go, go,"  Gabriella told Taylor.

The spectators of the decathlon started leaving their seats.
_______________________________________

Championship Game

"We'll get this figured out real soon. In the meantime, per safety regulations, we need to all make an orderly exit from the gym, please." Principle Matsui said over the microphone.

The Wildcats left and headed to the auditorium.