Homeroom

Homeroom

The classroom was buzzing while Ms. Darbus sat at the front of the room, reading a script for a play possibly.

'Troy! V! Hey! How's it going? How are you?" All the classmates asked the two.

Veronica quickly went and sat next to Ryan.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hey." He smiled.

Gabriella walked into the classroom, unaware that Troy was sitting right in front of her. On the other hand, Troy was equally oblivious as he was facing the back of the classroom.

"Ms. Darbus?" Gabriella handed some papers to Ms. Darbus.

Troy noticed Gabriella as she passed alongside him. She passed Sharpay and Ryan on the way to her seat as well.

"Excuse me." She said and they made way for her to pass.

All of a sudden, Sharpay was in front of Troy.

"Hi, Troy." She giggled.

"Hey." He said as his eyes were on Gabriella.

The bell rang

"I trust you all had splendid holidays. Check the sign-up sheets in the lobby for new activities. Boltons."  Ms. Darbus gave them a stern look.

They went and sat on their assigned seats when they heard their names. Veronica looked kind of upset.

"Especially our winter musicale. We will have singles auditions-" She continued.

"You ok?" Chad asked Troy.

"Yeah." He turned back around.

"-for our supporting roles and pairs auditions for our two leads." She continued.

"Pfft." Chad blows a raspberry as he held his basketball.

Ms. Darbus was not amused by this.

"Mr. Danforth, this is a place of learning, not a hockey arena." Ms. Darbus told him.

Chad put his basketball on his lap

"There is also a final sign-up sheet for next week's scholastic decathlon competition. Chem Club president Taylor McKessie can answer all of your questions about that." She informed them.

Troy dialed Gabriella's number on his phone. Gabriella's phone rang with 'Start Of Something New' as the ringtone.

At the same time, Veronica dialed Ryan's number. Ryan's phone rang with 'I Wanna Know You' as the ringtone.

"Ah, the cell phone menace has returned to our crucible of learning." Ms. Darbus said not looking amused.

Gabriella looked in her bag for her phone. Sharpay and Ryan check their phones.

"Is it your phone?" Sharpay asked Ryan.

Ryan looked at his phone then laughed. 

Miss Darbus went around with a can to collect the phones.

"Hi." Ryan picked up his phone.

"Hey,"  Veronica said.

''Hello." Ms. Darbus greeted them very close.

"Cell phones.' She ordered.

Their smiles dropped and they gave their phones.

"Sharpay cell phone." Ms. Darbus ordered.

With a look of injustice, Sharpay relinquished her phone.

"I will see you three in detention." She told them.

"No!" The cheerleaders screamed.

"You see Ms. Darbus we have cheer practice," Lily informed her.

"Fifteen minutes for all you cheerleaders as well." Ms. Darbus smiled.

They gasped.

Ms. Darbus moved to Gabriella.

"We have zero tolerance for cell phones in class, so we will get to know each other in detention. Cell phone." She told her. 

Gabriella put her phone in the can.

"And welcome to East High, Ms.  Montez." She welcomed her.

Ms. Darbus now moved on to Troy.

"Mr. Bolton I see your phone is involved. So we will see you in detention as well."  Ms. Darbus told him.

"That's not even a possibility Ms.  Darbus. Your Honor, see 'cause we have basketball practice, and Troy-"  Chad began.

"Ah, that will be 15 minutes for you too, Mr. Danforth. Count 'em." Ms. Darbus cut him off.

"That could be tough for Chad since he probably can't count that high."  Taylor joked.

"Taylor McKessie, 15 minutes," Ms. Darbus said.

Taylor gasped.

"Shall the carnage continue? Holidays are over, people! Way over! Now any more comments, questions?" Ms. Darbus asked the class.

Jason timidly raised his hand.

"Jason." Ms. Darbus called on him.

"So how were your holidays Ms.  Darbus?" He asked.

The entire class looked at Jason angrily.

"What?" He looked confused.

The bell rang.
_______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...