Prologue

You woke up suddenly in a cold sweat, sitting up straight in your large bed. An unusual coolness settled around you and around the large room, only heightening your sudden fear. It was still dark outside, with the exception of a single sliver of silver moonlight filtering through your window. Your clock read 1 am. You sighed and with a thud, fell back onto your bed. Your mind and heart were both racing from the nightmarish dream you'd just had.

"Phffft... Demons..." You said to yourself, not for a second believing what you had seen. Demons didn't exist. That was fact. You needed to go back to sleep, for you had work in the morning, and couldn't afford to be tired. Yet for some reason unbeknownst to you, sleep evaded you. So you had no choice but to let your eyes wander your room until you did fall asleep.

The bedroom was unusually lavish for someone living in the area you lived in, then again, your whole house was unusually lavish for your area. The high ceiling rose above you like a giant and made the room feel empty, and the few pieces of elegant furniture dotting the room strengthened the emptiness.

Suddenly, you saw something move. You weren't sure if it was your tired brain, but you could have sworn you saw something move. The room was silent save for your breathing, and you pulled the blanket a little closer to your body. You were exhausted, so you closed your eyes and tried to ignore whatever you had seen, imaginary or not. Demons didn't exist...