Chapter Eight

Three Months Later

You let out a deep breath, resting one hand on your stomach and the other on the toilet seat. Damn morning sickness... You thought, the green feeling coming back. You pushed the feeling down, standing up on wobbly legs. You flushed the toilet, walking over to the sink to wash your mouth out. You didn't have work today, which was good thing. You were pretty sure you wouldn't be able to handle it.

You walked to your kitchen, hunger suddenly overtaking your thoughts. You opened the fridge, looking around for something to eat. Ham and a jar of olives happened to grab your attention, and you went for it. As you were opening the jar, you heard your doorbell ring once, twice, and a third time before you finally walked over to the door and opened it.

"What do you want-" you began angrily, but stopped suddenly when you saw who was at the door. Sam, Dean, and Cas all stood outside, each one looking just as surprised to see you. It had been three months since you last saw them... Three months! Three months since you last saw Cas on that night. And his face made anger arise in your stomach.

You walked straight up to him, shoving your way through Sam and Dean. You slapped Cas, finding an odd satisfaction in hearing the sharp sound. He looked at you with wide eyes, confusion written all over his face.

"Three months! Three months since you were here- and- I just- argh!" You yelled out, jabbing a finger in Cas' chest. "And you just left me- and- with this!!" You pointed to your stomach. All three men looked bewildered.

"Well... I guess asking questions about the demon attack is out the window." Dean whispered. You didn't acknowledge him at all, but instead started crying, gripping into the trench coat of Cas. After a few seconds of sobbing you sniffled, wiping your eyes and standing up.

"Come on in..." You said, leading the way into your house. You are the olives and ham, the others staring at you. You gave them a "so what?" look, and continued eating. Cas decided to be brave and break the silence.

"Why are you upset?" He asked gently, as if talking to a sleeping dragon. Luckily for him, you were much more calm now.

You gave him a soft smile. "You really can't tell, can you?" Cas glanced at Sam and Dean, then shook his head. You took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant." You heard Dean curse under his breath. Cas still looked puzzled. You rolled your eyes. "And it's yours." Another curse from Dean.

"H-how do you know it's... mine?" Cas asked, apparently with difficulty. You rolled your eyes again.

"Because there's no one else! And it's been three months and I'm three months along!" You then remembered why you were upset with Cas in the first place. "And you just left! Poof! Gone! Not a trace in the morning! I searched for days!" You cried, tears pricking at your eyes. Dean bit his bottom lip.

"Cas, I don't know whether to be proud or disappointed in you. You got the girl, but you also got her pregnant. Wow..." You didn't hear Dean's other comments, however, because a new rush of morning sickness rolled over you and you rushed to the bathroom.

You were hurling into the toilet bowl when you felt your hair being lifted from your face into a makeshift ponytail. You glance up and saw that it was Cas holding your hair, looking worried for you.

"I am sorry." He murmured. You blushed and turned back to the bowl.

You had cleaned up and now everyone was sitting around your living room, talking. Turns out the brothers were back in your town hunting some odd demon occurrences. You smiled and laughed and ate your olives, stealing occasional glances in Cas' direction. It was all fun- that is- until the doorbell rang.

You wondered who it could be, since you don't remember getting any calls for visits. You opened the door, and your heart nearly stopped when you saw who was waiting on the other side. The man spoke, his British accent all too familiar.