Chapter Four

Dean was driving even faster now, the pie that he wanted now completely forgotten. Sam looked extremely worried as he stared out the window.

"So... Uh... Where're we going?" You asked, sitting back into the leather seats. Dean looked into the rear view mirror, frowning.

"Why is it still here?" Dean asked with annoyance. Sam punched him in the arm.

"Where are we going?" Sam reiterated with a huff. Dean bit his bottom lip, looking at Sam from the corner of his eye.

"Detroit." Dean said, his voice showing that he was not willing to discuss anything further. You sighed and crossed your arms, looking out the window. Detroit was a good few hours from where you were, so you settled for sleeping some more.

When you awoke, raindrops were sliding down the windows, racing each other to get to the bottom. You looked up front to see Sam sleeping in the passenger seat and Dean still driving steadfastly, determined to get to Cas.

Cas... You hoped he was okay. For some reason you couldn't bare it if something were to happen to him. And you had just met him! But the way his eyes were gentle when they stared into yours, his calm demeanour, it all caused you to care for him.

You looked out the window once more, actually acknowledging your surroundings. The rain made the scene blurry, but you could still pick out worn down houses, abandoned warehouses, and graffiti everywhere. The whole city gave you a sort of eerie feeling, like something bad was bound to happen.

You saw your reflection in the glass, and for a quick second saw your eyes turn all black again, before returning to their normal colour. You furrowed your eyebrows and scooted away from the window, not wanting to see it happen again. You settled for looking out the front. Sam had woken up and was now alert, looking around the city as well.

The car stopped at one of the many abandoned warehouses, this one looking no different than the others. All three of you looked up at it apprehensively, wondering what could be inside. Sam an Dean exchanged glances before getting out of the car, and moving to open the trunk. You got out as well, but was stopped by Dean.

"Nuh uh. You're not coming. Stay in the car and wait till we come out." He said, grabbing a shotgun from the trunk.

"But-"

"No buts."

You were forced back into the car and watched as Sam and Dean entered the warehouse. You waited until you were sure they were gone before sneaking out of the car, opening the trunk.

Inside was an assortment of weapons, all of them were menacing. You picked up a knife and stuck it in your back pocket, and then picked up a gun. You figured it was going to be dangerous, but you weren't going to just sit around. You closed the trunk with a thud and looked around cautiously before making your way to the entrance of the warehouse.

You opened the rusty door slowly, opening it only a crack so it wouldn't make too much noise. You slipped inside, the darkness engulfing you suddenly. You held your breath and spotted a dim light at the end of a corridor, deciding to head over there. You gripped the gun you were holding with iron fists, nerves wracking your body. There was a musty smell, and it was fairly cold. You shivered, but moved on.

When you reached the light, you saw that it was another door, cracked open slightly. You pushed it open a little more, trying to get a peek in the room.

There he was- Cas! You quickly realised, however, that something was seriously wrong. Cas was lying on the ground on his side, and from what you could tell, badly injured. There was also a ring of fire encircling him. You also saw Sam and Dean, except that they were being pinned to the wall by some invisible force, both of them hurling insults and obscenities at whatever was holding them. You saw another man, standing in front of the brothers and well dressed. He looked confident, smirking a little.

"Well, well... look who we have here." The man standing in front of Sam and Dean said. When he spoke, you could hear that he had a British accent. You shrunk slightly behind the door, not wanting to be seen. This man- whatever he was, did not seem friendly. Cas groaned from the floor.

"Shut up." He said, and with a flick of his wrist Cas yelled out and flopped onto his back. You gasped, your hand flying to your mouth as if to keep the sound in. But it was too late, the man turned his head to the door. The door flew open and you stood in the hallway, dropping the gun. It fell to the floor with a clank throughout the silent room.