Chapter Fourteen

A/N Actually, I can't write fluff. I tried my best, I really did. But I hope it's enjoyable nonetheless.

~Sofaloofa

The cabin was quiet and peaceful in the morning, the sounds of nature flowing through the open window. You lie comfortably in Cas' arms, head on his shoulder. He was still asleep. The morning sun's rays landed on the quilt covering you two, warming the bed. You smiled, snuggling closer to Cas. That movement must have made him wake up, for you heard him groan and sit up.

"Awake already?" You asked, giving a small chuckle.

"Yeah," Cas smiled and you sat up as well, stretching your arms. You groaned at the sudden soreness you felt.

"Damn..." You groaned, rubbing your back. You felt Cas come up behind you.

"Are you sore?" He asked, a caring smile on his face. You snorted.

"Yeah, all thanks to you," You replied, displaying mock hurt. He seemed to understand, and chuckled.

"Sorry."

The rest of the morning went by fairly slowly. Sam and Dean had already been up for a few hours, probably having gotten up with the sunrise. You couldn't imagine getting up that early.

Dean had gone out to the nearest grocery store (Which was a Walmart, twenty minutes away), and bought some food. A couple of cereal boxes, protein bars, two whole apple pies, some canned soup, and a case of beer. He had also bought a cooler and some ice, since there was no refrigerator in the cabin. You looked at what he bought with raised eyebrows.

"That's an... Interesting combination..." You said, picking up a box of Lucky Charms. You set it back down, instead crossing your arms. "What are we going to do now?" You asked. Dean picked up a shot gun and threw it at you. You caught it.

"For one, we're gonna teach you how to actually fight, in the event that more demons come after you or something," Dean said, polishing his knife. You looked at the gun in your hands, excited to learn how to 'actually fight,' as Dean had put it. You thought you had done a pretty good job already, but it was clearly not to his satisfaction.

***

You sliced another sand bag open, watching Dean nod approvingly. Sam and Cas were painting symbols all over the cabin with what looked like blood. You shivered. Hopefully not all of it was blood.

You admired how Cas looked, the sun filtering through the trees landed gracefully upon him, illuminating his features. He looked- dare you say it- heavenly. You sighed, not noticing Dean trying to get your attention.

"Yo! Earth to ____!" Dean yelled at you.  You still weren't noticing him, but focusing on Cas. Finally Dean gave up and grabbed your arm, dragging you back to the sandbags that were strung up in the trees.

"Hey!" You yelped, yanking your arm from his grip. "What was that for?"

He responded with, "Focus. You're still not finished." You sighed in annoyance and readjusted your grip on the knife handle. This would be a long training session.

When your training was done for the day and the other two had finished painting the sigils onto the cabin, everyone was sitting around the fireplace, eating the canned soup you had prepared on the wood stove in the kitchen. No one spoke, but stared silently into the fire. You sat with Cas on the old couch, Sam sat crisscrossed on the floor, and Dean sat at the table.

"So... We just gonna stay here for who-knows-how-long?" You asked, not to anyone in particular. Sam shrugged. Well that was helpful. But you didn't think too much of it. Instead, you were thinking of what you were going to do about Crowley. Part of you wanted to kill him, but the other part didn't want anything to do with him. Besides, was becoming the queen of hell really a career goal you had in mind? No. Not particularly.

Suddenly, something dawned on you. Crowley said that he had gotten rid of all the others in your bloodline. That meant that he killed every family member you had- close and distant. Now it all made sense, the sudden death of your parents, the sudden death of your grandparents, and why you never saw any other family members. You were literally the last in your bloodline.

You choked back a sob, receiving concerned looks from the three men in the room. You waved it off with a fake smile, excusing yourself to the bedroom. You sat quietly with one thought that kept running through your head. Your hand rested on your stomach.

Actually, I'm not the last.