Chapter Thirteen

South Dakota... You really were leaving everything behind. You sighed, looking up at Cas, who was looking out the window. No one said anything, but you assumed that Cas didn't normally ride in the Impala, due to the awkwardness hanging in the air. Or maybe that was just your presence. But despite that, you felt comfortable when you were with Cas, as if there wasn't all this evil in the world.

You weren't sure when you fell asleep, but when you woke up you had an intense craving for salmon. Any salmon would do, but you needed it- now.

"I need salmon," You stated, pursing your lips. Cas looked down at you and you met his gaze. Suddenly he was gone, making you almost fall over. You caught yourself, sitting up and looking about wildly. Where he went was beyond you, but you got the feeling it was because of what you said. Tears pricked at your eyes. You didn't mean for him to leave!

But just as fast as he went, he was back again. Carrying a salmon. Like, still alive and flopping around. Dean looked back only to freak out.

"Dammit Cas! What the hell- why is there a fish in my car?!" He yelled, the car swerving. The salmon in Cas' arms jumped up, flopping onto the nice leather seats. Dean seemed about to have a stroke as Sam tried to calm him down.

"It's okay! We'll just stop and get it cleaned up!"

"No! You don't understand! My baby is going to smell like fish now! I can't have her smell like fish!"

Cas was attempting to catch the fish again while you stared at all three men in utter terror. He eventually caught it and disappeared again, arriving this time with a cooked salmon as Dean was still cussing in the driver's seat. You gulped, feeling the car return to its normal, non-swerving state. Cas handed the fish to you and you took it in gentle hands, scared that it would come alive or something. At this point, anything seemed possible.

You weren't sure how to eat the fish in your hands. The rest of the car had become silent, save for the sounds of the road. You smiled at Cas who smiled in return, making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"I hope you like the fish. I got it from a small town in northern Canada," Cas said. He looked out the window. You grinned sheepishly at Dean's angry stare, shrugging your shoulders.

***

There was a thud as you set your small bag down onto an old wooden table, along with Sam and Dean's duffel bags.

You were staying in a cabin somewhere in the forest, all connections with the outside world cut off. You were told that this would keep you safe, that there was no way Crowley could find you. Somehow, you doubted them. But you pushed your worries to the side, deciding to explore the cabin.

It wasn't too small, but not too big either. There were two bedrooms, and a small bathroom. There wasn't a shower, but there was a toilet, thank goodness. The cabin had a small living area, complete with a fireplace and one old, battered couch. There was a tiny kitchen, a table, and two chairs. You walked back into the living area, everyone else getting settled in.

"So, uh... This is cozy," You stated halfheartedly, trying to find some sort of positive about this place. Sam shrugged.

"It's necessary," Dean replied. Well then. You scoffed and grabbed your bag, heading to one of the bedrooms.

The bed was a queen size bed, an old quilt spread across it. You set you bag down and sprawled yourself across the bed with your eyes closed, listening to the sound of your steady breathing. Who knew how long you would stay here...

The sound of footsteps caused you to open your eyes, spotting Cas by the bed.

"Um... Hi," He said, shuffling awkwardly. "May I join you?" You nodded and he sat by you on the bed, you sitting up. A comfortable silence followed before Cas cleared his throat.

"Um... The night you got pregnant..." He began, earning a hum from you. "W-would you like t-to do it again?" He asked, avoiding eye contact. You raised a eyebrow, trying not to giggle.

"Are-are you asking to have sex?" You answered his question with your own question, watching him blush. He gave a cute little smile and your heart melted. You grabbed his tie and pulled him close, kissing him. You felt him smile against your lips.

For once, you didn't worry about what was going to happen next...

A/N Omg 1k reads?! You guys are all awesome! Thank you so much! 💜

Also, who's ready for some teeth-rotting fluff? You are? Good! 'Cause that's what's next!

~Sofaloofa