Chapter Fifteen

Two Months Later

"Please Dean! I have to see something else for once! I'm so sick of the same old scenery!" You cried, fake tears pricking at your eyes. Dean tried desperately to ignore you, but the occasional whimper you gave off caused him to cave in.

"Fine! You can come!" Dean said exasperatedly, opening the car door and starting the engine. You rode shotgun, receiving an annoyed look from Dean. A shit eating grin spread across your face, and you looked out the window.

Oh, how wonderful it felt to finally be leaving the cabin and surrounding woods. You set a hand on your quite noticeably protruding belly, already wondering what you were going to name it. It felt amazing to break free of the same old same old, even if you were just going to Walmart.

The drive was relatively quiet, you breaking the silence every once in a while to try and spark some small talk. It never ended well.

"So... What do we need?"

"Food."

"We gonna get some bacon? I want bacon."

"Okay."

"Nice weather today, right?"

"Mmhmm."

That was how most of your "conversations" went, so you just gave up trying after a while.

When you had arrived at the Walmart, you quietly basked in the glory of the store. Dean got out of the car and you followed him. There were very few people, but that was to be expected considering it was the middle of a work day.

The shopping went by quickly. You had picked out actual food that you could cook with, and Dean had gotten more beer and pie. Finally you would be able to eat real food and not just protein bars. The cashier seemed oddly touchy, but you brushed it off as a bad day.

You walked out of the store with Dean, carrying grocery bags and a huge smile on your face. That was when you noticed the diner. Dean noticed it too, and ran to the car, avoiding your question.

"Come on Dean! I'm hungry for a greasy, fatty hamburger!" When Dean didn't acknowledge you, you dropped all your bags and bolted as quickly as you could with a five month old baby to the diner, leaving Dean cursing behind you as he picked up the bags and put them in the back seat. You stood by the door, sticking your tongue out, and running into the diner before Dean could gather his thoughts.

The waitress led you to your table, you not focusing on who she was, but rather if Dean was following you. He was still by the car, rubbing his temples. You sat down, accepting the menu from your waitress in a pink frilly apron.

"What can I get you, love?" Wait. You knew that voice. You looked up terrifyingly, realising who your waitress was.

Your voice was barely above a whisper. "Crowley..." In retrospect, you should have looked for your knife, but you were so stunned by his presence that your knife didn't even come to mind.

"The one and only. Now, what can I get you? Our special today is death with a side of fries." He grinned evilly and suddenly you were grabbed by the arm and dragged through the back door. You tried screaming, but his hand clamped over your mouth and any sound you tried to make was muffled. You struggled for who-knows-how-long before Crowley seemed to get tired of it, and suddenly the world around you went dark.

Yeah, you really should have grabbed your knife.