Chapter One

You slammed the front door closed as you walked out to your car, heels clinking against the concrete and coffee in hand. The sun rose above the trees and bathed you in warmth, causing you to smile. You stopped to admire your reflection in the car window, adjusting your hair. You blinked, and suddenly you saw your eyes were completely black. It lasted for a second before you blinked again, and they were gone. Looking around nervously, you quickly got in your car, shaking off the anxiety.

"Just my imagination..." You whispered, driving off. You got the feeling that it was going to be a long day.

***

"Ma'am? Louis is on his way to speak to you." Your secretary said, and you nodded.

"Okay. Thank you." You replied. As soon as you'd said that, there was a knock on your door. "Come in!" You called, and the door opened. Louis, the intern that you had accepted out of pure pity, had turned out to be really helpful. Usually, he was really serious, smiling every once in a while. But today, he had an uncharacteristic grin spread wide on his face.

"Hello." He said, standing in front of your desk. "How are you feeling?" He asked, smile unwavering.

"E-excuse me?" You stuttered, scooting slightly farther away from him. "W-what do you mean?"

Louis grinned even wider, scaring you. "You know exactly what I mean. How have you been feeling since last night?" He asked again, causing fear to rush through you.

"Who are-" You began to question him, but was interrupted by the door to your office suddenly bursting open. Two tall men stood in the doorway, shotguns in hand. One was carrying a bottle of water.

They shot Louis in the back before he could turn around, and your hands flew to your mouth. Surely, he was dead. But no! Louis simply turned around and looked at the bullet hole with slight disappointment. Your eyes widened.

The taller one turned to his companion. "Their both demons! It's too late." He said, looking at both of you. Louis suddenly ran at them, producing a knife from his jacket. You were still in shock at what the man said, watching as they fought Louis- or whatever he was- with your mouth open in shock. There was no way you were a demon! Demons weren't real! You noticed that the shorter of the two men had slipped away, and you felt a knife to your neck.

"If you move I'll have to kill you." He said in a gruff voice, pressing the knife farther into your neck, but not cutting. You gulped.

"Understood." You said in a small voice, you were frozen anyway. You watched as Louis was beaten, the tall man slicing his neck and Louis screaming as light flooded from every opening he had. You were pushed to the ground.

"This one ain't fighting. It'll be easy to get info." The man who had threatened you said, and they began tying you up.

"Wait! I don't know who you are or what you want but I'm not a demon! I swear!" You cried, struggling to get out of their grasp.

"Yeah, right. Sammy? Got the holy water?" The one named Sammy nodded, and splashed it on you. Excruciating pain surged through your body, and you screamed. "See? Demon. Now shut up." You were gagged and thrown over the shoulder of Sammy, the huge one. You tried thrashing around and screaming, but you were in a tight grip and the gag muffled any noise that you attempted to make.

They carried you out the huge window in your office, and over to a black car. It was a '67 Chevy Impala, and you had to admit, it looked sweet. Alas, you didn't have much time to admire the car, for you were soon stuffed in the trunk, eyes widening with fear as the door closed. Darkness swallowed you, and you tried screaming once more, but was ignored, the car moving, likely on the road by now.