Chapter three: Defying magicmakers

My owners had fallen asleep relatively early, so I slipped into the bathroom and crawled into the passageway, fell into my bed, and fell asleep.  I set my alarm for six o'clock so that I could be at least earlier than Flash, so that I could stretch and get ready before training.

My alarm beeped loudly and I slammed my hand down on it, as if my hand could tell it to shut up.  I brushed my straight brown hair and brushed by teeth, and put on my usual outfit.  When I was done, I think that I smelled bacon, eggs and pancakes.  It must have been Jake! He's the best cook ever! I am so glad that I live with him.

When they left we went outside and traveled though the streets and we went to Kristina's house, we got there a little bit early again, so like always do i started stretching.  i could touch my toes and i was good at it, i could also do the splits, all i did at the pound was stretch, that's all i ever did, that's all there was to do.

When my owners left, Jake and I went outside and ran over to Kristina's house.  We got there somewhat early, and like Jake and I normally do, I started stretching.  I was more fit than I had been when I started training, and I could easily beat Flash now most likely. Or at least I hoped that that was the case.

The person who I was supposed to be fighting today was Flory, a magic maker.  I frowned, but Flory smiled confidently, I was starting to real hate her. She was way too cocky.  She was never surrounded by people though, I think that they might have been frightened by her.  It could have been her appearance or her attitude, or both.

Flory looked bored "You have got to be kidding me, I could beat Kira with one kick, no offence, Kira!" she looked at me and smirked. 

I frowned, if she expected for me to not take offence, than she had more issues than I had previously thought.  He said that Flory could use magic, but little did she know, I knew how to use magic just as well as Flory, not better than her but I could use it.  This gave me the advantage over surprise, but she was seriously powerful.  I could tell what she was going to do first, she might as well had said it out loud.  A large beam shot out of the ring, but I dodged it and I kicked her in the stomach while there was steam to cover me up.  Until the steam went away, I could do the rest of the fight without magic, you can't do magic when you cant see, but sure enough  the thick blanket of steam cleared right up. Damn magic, so unpredictable.

I was right, she shot back a freezing beam through the steam; almost as fast as she shot it, I countered it, steam covering more of the room.  Flory was like a deer caught in the headlights, she didn't move, and for that matter, she probably couldn't.  She was frozen in place, shocked.  While she was thinking, I kicked her over and the match was over.

I sat down and the intercom blared as if annoyed "KIRA IS THE WINNER." It seemed that Kristina was annoyed too, because she called me and Jake, Flash, and Flory into the office.  I frowned and slowly trudged into the office, my footsteps feeling almost heavier than my heart, we were in trouble.  Flory turned to me "I'm sorry that I underestimated you, I'm the hardest of them all, and your a newcomer; I think you'll turn out to be a really good fighter someday." I smiled, Flory wasn't horrible. Unless she was just trying to be nice to make up for the fact that she was an complete and total butt head to me earlier.

When we got to her office, Kristina eyed us almost nervously.  "Sit down" she commanded strictly "I've called you here, because I have a mission.  It includes danger, so listen to what I have to say before you say yes." She looked nervous.   She started explaining what we were to do if we took the quest.

Christina sighed "Lately, a lot of warehouses have been robbed; the police are baffled, and it is likely that they will seem to disappear into thin air, or so the police say.  However, I was looking at the security films, and at the crime scene, there is always a man walking a dog.  The same dog, and the same person."  She paused, looking at us nervously, then she continued "The things that they took weren't valuable, just three or four parts, bolts, screwdrivers, things like that, and the amount varies.  I think it is a part of a bigger scheme.  I need you to find out what it is." She handed us some papers and added "These are passes that you will need if you accept the challenge." she stared at us, obviously expecting an answer.