chapter 25: Well her face is going to be bruised tommorow

K so what is kinda making me mad is that there is only like 6,500 words in my past three chapters combined, I am actually trying  to finish my book and somewhat edit it before November so that I can get it "published"  I put it in  quotations because it is a contest where if you get your story to like 100,000 words in by the end of the month then they will publish/send you some copies.  I would love for that to happen.  But the thing is I am also getting a pen name, and this story will be under a whole 'nother name. But thanks for reading and taking your time  to read my story.

                                I sat at the table, groggily looking towards the door, when was Jake going to be here with the- Jake cut off my thought about food bringing me my toast and cereal.  I laughed he had completely burnt it! How do you even burn toast, I didn’t even want to ask.  He set down the black toast and the cereal in front of me.

                “That is defiantly not the monster I woke up next to.”  He stated, just looking at his toast, somehow he managed to burn the toast twice, how is that even possible.  I thought back to his comment and snickered, when I woke up I felt so tired and Jake was laughing I didn’t know why until I got to the bathroom to take a shower.  I looked at my hair, it was sticking out in every which way, except the ones around my face, and those were stuck to my face.  My shirt looked gross too; it was all wrinkly and stained.  So I had showered and threw my wild hair into a ballerina bun, and slipped on a baggy, black shirt and some denim shorts.

                “Aren’t you glad!”  I laughed, putting my black toast towards my mouth. I bit into it and I spit it back out, Jake did the same.  I snatched his water and immediately downed at least half of it, “Your toast is repulsive.”  I managed to say, even though the disgusting taste was still in my mouth.

                “Oh lord, what have I walked in to?!”  Olive walked in to the room, she was frowning, “Also the neighbor is here, you probably didn’t hear because of all of your gagging though.”  She just looked at us and left, what was wrong with her?  I wiped off my tounge one more time and I took one more drink, then got up so I could talk to the neighbor. 

                I walked into the front room and the neighbor  was just sitting there, no one else around her and she looked happy this time, I glanced out front, her husband was waiting for her outside.

                “You can bring your husband in  if you want?” I offered to her, she laughed like that was completely out of the question, from the way she blew off the question maybe it was out of the question.

“No, I will only be a minute. I just wanted to ask you and your friends if they would like to come to our neighbor hood party?”  She looked at me and then down the hall, Jake came waddling like a penguin in, I laughed, “You can bring him as your date if you would like, there are only five people who live here, right?”  She looked about, as if people would start coming from the walls, although I wouldn’t put it past them.

“Yeah, there will only be six, and I think I will take him as a date.” I laughed, Jake and I knew we would go as a date weather or not we had said it, I looked down at my ring and smiled.  I wonder if the girls and Flash would go with dates.  “Also,”  I said cutting off Hellen, “Is it ok if the girls bring dates, I don’t really know if they know anyone like that but I could ask?”   The woman seemed irked that I cut her off.

                “Alright, but what I was going to say was, what is that ring on your finger?”  She looked at it again, as if it contained poison.  I smiled, this lady was defiantly nosy, but I would answer; I was only answering her because she would keep asking, and also the fact that I wanted to see the look on her face when she knew it was an engagement ring.