chapter eight: the room

I slowly regained consiousness again, it was dark, and slowly I realized that I was at the pound.  Yes, I was from the pound, but then I realized that I was in bed, not on the hard concrete floor.  What was happening to me? was I insane?

A hoarse, metallic voice from the darkness shook me up "we have been waiting for you to get up" the voice growled.  I couldn't see his face, the drowsiness from earlier clouded my senses, and the room was too dark to see anyway.  The shrill voice continued "We are your worst nightmare" I frowned "what do you want." The voice didn't answer, so I decided to try to aggravate them "what does my nightmare look like, then?" Wel- he was cut off by a pretty, dark voice.

"NO TALKING WITH THE PRISONER, DO YOU HEAR ME!" A voice screamed though the darkness. every thing seemed to shutter at the noise of her sharp voice.  I was definatly scared now.  But i had to go now, I didn't want to die, I had to live.  I loved Jake to much not to say goodbye, I had a whole team that was relying on me, I could not let them down. 

The voice rang loudly in the darkness "no talking with the prisoners, hear me?"  The voice seemed ot pierce through the darkness as everything seemed to shutter at the warm, yet sharp voice.  I was definately scared now, but I couldn't go now, I loved Jake, I would miss my family, and my entire team.  They relied on me, and I loved Jake too much not to say goodbye.  I would live, because I couldn't let them down

I had already started on thinking up something that I could do.  So far I had olny thought of makeing me invisible,  just to get out, and I would mask my smell.  I had to distract the man, i knew it would probaly come at a price though, and it might be death. 

First I had to try to contact Flory,  I was trying, and trying.  Finally I got a signal back,  where are you?   Hmm, where was I,  somewhere at the abandoned pound.  I replied, the best i would, I think i am somewhere at the abandoned pound, bring reinforcements, they have magic.  And I will probaly be dead before long, so hurry.  I need you, and Jake.

She was going to hurry, and i was going to distact. 

"Ummmm, excuse me what are you going to do to me?"  I whispered to the man.

"I'm not supposed to talk....." He replyed looking down.

"Oh ok then." I replyed, i was doing a spell, it should work, it is something of a truth serum.

"Well, I guess I could tell you......  We were going to, well keep you alive, you can become alive again anyways, so we will-"  He was interupted by the woman that yelled at him earlyier.  He snapped out of the spell as soon as she slapped him in the face.  

"YOU LITTLE DEVIL, I TOLD YOU TO KEEP YOUR GAURD UP, SHE HAS GOT MAGIC, YOU LACIDASICAL NINCAPOOP!  I-I-I..............."  She was looking right at me, she looked like she was going to be sick, like i was haunting her.  I didn't do anything, I looked away so she wouldn't know who I was.  I didn't know I didn't want her to know.

"Look at me child." She demanded.

"NO." I said, she blinked, she was used to being obeyed.  She walked up to me and slapped me across the face, I kept looking down.  My face was singing in pain, you could probaly see the mark too.  hurry.  I thought,  I was doomed to die.

Flory was coming, I could hear her. I don't know if it was just me hearing her, but if they were any louder they would wake up the dead.  The woman must have thought it was polite to introduce herself, for she did. 

"I am Cassandra, and you will obey me, you will be with me, or you will die." she said like there was no wholes in her plan.

"You wouldn't dare kill me. You're a wimp, and i can  come back, better than ever.  I dare-" She kicked me in the gut midsentence, "uuhhh," I was going to be sick.

"Not so brave now, huh." she smirked.

"I can do this forever, I will never be a coward." i replyed pausing between every word to get a breath.  I looked at her face, she was turning purple with anger.  Even in the dim light i could she she was angry, I knew what was coming. Her knife.  I was going to buy some time first though.

"You wouldn't dare, I will come back, and I will kill you. I don't care if I die doing it.  I will be back." I said regaining my streanth.  I was going to cast a magic barier, if I was right by the fear in her eyes, the knife was magic.  She knew I was going to cast a spell, so she cast a magic berier too.  And she backed off. 

I did my spell, and then I got the straped off.  I grabbed the gun on the table that i had earlier, loaded it and ran out the doors.  I couldn't run back to the people house, they would kill them and go for me.  I was going to the only place I was safe.  Kristina's. 

 I was still running there. It was getting dark, and I was running out of energy.  Worse, I wasn't where I thought I was. I wasn't at the pound, so where had i reconized it from?  Where was I?  If I was to figure out i would have to use magic, more of my energy.  But I had to, I needed to go, unless.  Flory, she was the solution. Flory, can you do a tracking spell, I'm not where I thought I was. I'm, a, lost.

sure, her ancwer blared hope into my scared mind.  I was going to be saved!  I was alive, I would never stop praising God!  I was alive!

All of the sudden Flory popped up, I thought I was halusinating.  She grabbed me, I didn't fight her, and we were gone, in a flash. 

I found myself in my bed at Kristinas house.  and i had a blood stained shirt on, my face was bruised, and I didn' t feel good.  I lifted my shirt to see what was wrong when Jake walked in.  He took on glance at my shirt, and he looked worried. 

"Its no big deal." i said whinceing at the pain it took to talk.

"No, it is not, don't talk, you broke your ribs, it will hurt." He said softly.

"I noticed," I replied. "They know were we live, and they know how to get in to out hide out inside of it."  It hurt to breath, talk, and do just about anything else.  Jake looked worried. 

"It will be fine, we can improve the locks."  He said optimisticaly.  When I relized I couldn't talk out loud, but i could talke in his mind.

"no they are magic." I told his mind. He looked startled, then he relized what i did.

"That is a problem, a big problem."  He admitted.