I hate parties

I was sitting on the floor, hiding from the neighbor, I was scrunched in a ball as small as I could get. Jake was looking for me, but I was hiding from the neighbor, he was calling out my name but I remained in my ball on the floor. The neighbor had suddenly remembered that I could do magic. She was telling people about it, soon they were asking around, “Who’s Kira, where is this girl. I hear she is magnificent.” At that point I said no and ran.

No people were looking everywhere; I think that she may have described me because they were telling each other what I looked like. And frankly I had never told them my name, so I can’t possibly see how they got to know my description if that nosy lady didn’t tell them.

People had started to look at me on the floor, so I scooted over to underneath the snack table. It was disgusting under there, there was smashed Cheetos and red liquid I can only hope was fruit punch. I tried to navigate though it without getting the liquid on my legs, it didn’t work out to well. It was freezing cold, I yelped, then went on to bang my head under the table.

A series of startled people started peaking underneath the table, where I was hiding. Someone got wise and put two and two together, people were looking for someone, and I was hiding, so bam I was Kira, people figured it out, Dang it.

“Hey Hellen, somebody tell Hellen that I found the girl that you’ve been looking for!” Some guy shouted, I gritted my teeth and retained the feelings I had to tackle him. I clenched my hands; my nails were getting long though so it dug in to the palms of my hands. I opened my hands because it hurt, I didn’t see a point of getting hurt unless I needed to. I opened my hands to revel that my palm was bleeding, my nails and sliced my skin. I really didn’t want to do this.

Hellen walked in, she was frowning, but as soon as she saw me she was grinning like a little boy in a candy shop, she ran and grabbed my arm. I closed my hands again, my sweat getting into my cut, I cringed. I could see that some of the blood was running down my hand, so I muttered a healing spell really quick, as well as saying something about my stupid hand bleeding.

“What did you say?” Helen stopped dead in her tracks. She gripped my arm even harder, she was going to leave a mark if she left her grip like this, not letting go.

“I said what a nice house.” I lied; she couldn’t have heard me right. It was a terrible lie, I know that it sounded nothing like what I had just said but maybe she would believe it.

“No you didn’t, I heard you.” She stared at me dead on, her eyes boring into mine. I looked down, I needed another lie, fast, “You said ‘damn hands,’ and something in like another language, why did you said that?” She looked at my hands, there a few drops of blood on the side, they had dripped out. She gasped,“ What in the world did you do to your hands.” She reached out and grabbed them. I silently cursed myself for healing them and not wiping away the blood.

“Weell,” I drawled out so that I could make up a story, but I didn’t have to, she cut me off.

“What in the world,” She muttered, “There is no cut, where did this blood come from?” She quickly dropped my hands, like I had a disease, “Why is there no cut but there is blood, whose blood is this?” She looked at me, with that startled look one gets when something isn’t quite right.

“Well-“ I stopped for a second, she was waiting to hear my story, this woman was like the mother that I never had, “I had a bloody nose.” I blatantly stated, like it was a normal thing.

“Why did you get one.” She looked at me, she clearly didn’t understand that people could get spontaneous nose bleeds so I would have to make up a reason why I got one, “Well, when I was getting under the table to hide I smashed my nose into the top, I caught the first few drops of blood,” I guestured to my bloody hand, “and got the rest on a napkin.” I shrugged as if doing that would make it a more believable story.