chapter seven: invisable man

I knew that I would get over it, but I was pretty shaken up about the man and the familiar woman in the alleyway.  When I got to my house, Austine yelled "you nitwit, what were you thinking!" I had a feeling that she was yelling at her brother.  I was wonderg what she was talking about when I walked in.  Austine was screaming at a text "mom, you- she didn't finish it, because her phone rang and answered it.

I walked out because it was of no interest to me, until she said something about a girl named Olive at her school.

Austine continued talking "yeah, she's wierd and anti-social, and she won't talk to people.  I tried to be nice, and in science, I heard her mutter about something about robbing a wearhouse and being a shapeshifter! and something about a gang of half-human people, what is wrong with her! It wasn't really anything of interest to me after that, just gossip of the school, so I really didn't care.

I scrambled to the bathroom slowly, as my nails clicked on the floor, and I realized that I wasn't the only one there.  I layed down and pretended that I wasn't there for any particular reason.  The man that I bumped into last night had found out where I lived! That was one of the worsts things that could ever happen to me.  he might kill me, o then I wouldn't ever know who he was!  Or what Cassandra was planning to do.

I put my nose in the air, poised to leap, then I smelled who it was, it was only Jake.  I frowned "Jake, what are you doing, didn't my spell wear off?" I asked him, hoping that it did.  The side-effects wouldn't be good if it hadn't

He rolled his eyes-or at least I think he did "you've got an invisibility coak on your bed, Flory dropped it off; she said that we might need them, just in case" he explained carefully.

I had to admit that once I had tried the coat, it was pretty amazing.  It was a slick, black leather coal with a v-neck and a slightly Gothic look, but when I put it on, it was completely translucent, and it made me translucent too.  I had one flaw however, I could still smell myself and Jake easily, and my scent was very unique.  But I didn't mind, it made it so you couldn't smell others, I could get in to a party and sneak lots of stuff. People to poison, if the enemy is half dog all they will smell is me.  Unless my owners make me take a special bath, again.  Those humans are out to get rid of our odor!  whats their problem, cutting down trees, ruining the environment.  and they think we distort stuff, all we do is scratch up furniture, and we get PUNISHED, for that!  They should get punished for spilling oil, for making the o-zone layer almost disappear. They were responsible of part of the o-zone depleting.  Ha, they think we are destructive.  I think they should have a taste of their own medicine.  See how they like it, its sour alright.  I was getting infuriated over a non- existent person, but the problem was real, as real as day.

Any way besides debating with a non-existent person in my head I was walking to the bed and when I got there all of the sudden I got a head rush and fell.  When I woke up I was in the bed.  i had steaming, brownish, strong smelling soup, with noodles, on the night stand next to me.  I now have a concussion, and I splitting head ache.  It was not working out for me, especial when I smelled something that was definitely out of place. The more i regained consciousness the more I could tell it was something dangerous, there was something ominous about the whole thing.  And i didn't like it, not one bit.

When all of the sudden I felt a hand grab my mouth and I smelt something, something familiar.  I knew that smell, but I couldn't tell where I knew it from.   I was wondering until the world went black.