chapter five: that scrap of fabric

I had forgotten about the scrap of fabric that I had torn off of the lady's leg; or until Flory brought it in to show Christina.  I wanted to examine it, but I didn't have time to right now.  Christina interrupted my thoughts by saying "So what do you guys have to repot?" Christina asked us, looking curious.

Flory looked up, excited "Kyra got a piece of the lady's pants who robbed the warehouse." she said, handing Christina the cloth. Christina smiled "Great, you already have some clues, thats terrific!" she said, truly impressed that we had made progress.

While Christina was impressed, I added "I got it off the lady, then when I ran to get it, I learned that the robber is a dog.  She just wears different clothes every time and gets the other person to walk her." I recited happily.  i could tell what Christina was thinking, she said that she failed, though I don't know what she failed at, but apparently she did.

"what did you fail at, Kristina? you failed at something,and you've been thinking about it."  i asked her

I frowned at her "what did you fail out, Christina?  You failed at something, and instead of listening, you've been thinking about it! I asked her.  Christina looked startled "How did you know what I was thinking?!" I frowned, knowing that Flory was hearing the same thing, she was a magic-maker too! "well, you practically said it out loud you were thinking so loud!  Christina looked at me angrily "no, I really didn't say it out loud!" I looked more confused "well, you were thinking about failing, and Flory can hear it too, right? we are both magic-makers!" I said, desperately trying to convince her that I was telling the truth.

Flory pursed her lips together, deciding whether to believe me, in the end, she obviously decided to.  She smiled "what am I thinking now?" I closed my eyes and thought about it "you are thinking that it was probably a one-time thing, because you cant even do i-really you can't!!" I added, not believing what she was saying/thinking.

"hm, and no" she said deep in to thought. and as she said no a knot formed in my stomach, so what i could do, my whole life, was absolutely NOT normal. it felt like getting shot a million times over, and over. and it still rang in my head, and no.i thought as i played it over and over again. i could feel the eyes of Flory bore in to my head.  and i was to scared to look up at their faces.  but i did any way. they showed no hint of emotion, and i was left to read minds. i could only do it if i  wanted to, or if it was quiet, and it was exceedingly quiet

"Interesting, and no" she said, deep and thought.  As she said that, a knot formed in my stomach, what I could do my whole life wasn't normal!? It felt like getting shot a million times over, and it still rang in my head. "and no." I thought as I played it over and over again.  I could feel the eyes of Flory bore into my head.  I was too scared to look up at thier faces, but after a few minutes, I did, and there was no emotion in their faces, but their minds said otherwise.  I could only do it when it was quiet, but right now, it was completely silent.

Jake was apparently the one who fully believed me, because I was talking about it in my sleep.  Besides that, I could tell that no one believed me! Christina looked still emotionless "I have come upon a decision, we will have you tested for magic-making, and we will see how much of you is full magic.  Based on the things that you can do, I would say that you are no less than 50%. Christina said simply.

" Jake, how much magic maker do you think Flory is?" i asked him silently as if i was not sure what i was asking myself.

While we were walking home, and I was deep in thought, I asked him slowly "how much magic-maker is Flory?" Jake, obviously deep in thought too, smiled "about twelve percent, which is a lot. if your 50% you'll be one of the most poweful in the world, other than maybe your mom or dad."

my mouth dropped open, she had so little. and i had so much.  i would be the most powerful, but what about my mom? and my dad? i had so many questions, and i wanted ancwers.  all i had for hint was that scrap of fabric. the only thing i could count on or depend on was that scrap of fabric. i held ancwers, and some of witch i needed to know.  walking home i started wondering. who was that lady, and what does she want, stealing nuts and bolts, almost on a weekly basis? what did that lady want?  did she want a person? was she planing a big robbery, or something bigger?  what was she up to.  i had a hunch, she wasn\'t selling them, i was pretty sure she was making something, something big.

I quickly stopped my mouth from dropping open, I had thought that Flory was really powerful.  I would be so powerful, but what about my mom and dad? I had so many questions, and I wanted answers.  All that I had for a hind was the scrap of fabric, the only thing that I could count on was a small piece of cloth.  I started thinking about the lady who I had stolen it from.  I had to stop her from doing whatever she was doing because I have a hunch, I don't think that she's selling them, I think that she is making something big.  I had to stop her, but how?

on our way home we started running the last block, him a human, me a dog. and i sliped off and so did he. we jumped and got inside, promptly an hour before the owners got home.  we ran in and went to house number two. when we got in it was a mess. there was dirty dishes every where, and the beds were not made. 

We had to run the last block, I shifted into a human, and Jake stayed as a dog.  I slipped off and so did me, and we jumped inside, only an hour before the owners got home.  When we got in the house, it was dirty, the dishes were dirty and the beds were unmade.  I frowned "ill clean, Jake, it won't take long, then we'll watch tv." I decided to give him a lazy day, or rather hour.  I cleaned the house, and thankfully, it didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Suddenly, I felt tired, and before falling asleep on Jake, I looked at the clock and realized that It was thurday, they would be off at their sports already.  I slowly drifted off to sleep.

i woke up to Jake, he was shaking me telling me that they were on their way home and we needed to greet them at the front door.  I yawned, then got up and greeted them at the door, barking for them to come in.  We pranced around, then Austine pulled out some of my hair and fed it to me so that I could eat it.  It was rather discusting, but they liked it and I didn't care.  Looking at the mom's pants, I smiled, I could look at the pants and figure out the brand.  .

i guess i could look in her closet to see what brand and where.  from there the four of us could hopefully hack in to the computers and see who is a member. and we could call them. most likely she is. that looked like her regular coat.  and we would call and ask inocent questions.  ones that would make you go insane talking about if you did it.

 I looked in her closet and found out the brand, then I told Flory, Flash, and Jake my findings.  We had another lead.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys :D please review and vote!!