Letter Sixteen: Will Patier

December 12

Dear Liz,

I'm not going to sit here, all the way at the other side of the world I might add, as you give up on yourself like that. Follow your dream. Every director will fight over you. Everywhere you go fans will ask for you autograph. Don't you want to be under that spotlight, Liz? Become an actress, and once you win your 12th Oscar, you can rub it in your parents faces. 

Hey, let's make a deal. You become an actress and I'll become a photographer. Then when we're both successful, I'll be your professional photographer. Deal, Lizzy?

Winter break is coming soon. I'll be getting your letter at the end of the week, then we can't talk to each other for a while. What are you going to do for winter break? Mitch, my brother, will be staying for the holidays with my folks. I bet it snows there in England, you're pretty lucky. Here in Los Angeles, the closest thing you get to winter is a freezer. I never seen real snow before, I wish I could see it. What do you want for Christmas? You're obviously going to be in Santa's nice list. That didn't sound too corny, did it? I know I'm in the naughty list, but that doesn't mean I still can't wish for that motorcycle. 

Merry Christmas, and have a Happy New Year, Lizzabeth.

Sincerely,

Will