The Starbucks Meeting Special

May 7

"Lizzabeth," Someone called out.

She only stirred in her bed, but didn't wake up.

"Lizzabeth Anne Teschler, wake up this instant!"

She shot up from bed. "I'm awake, father! I'm awake!"

Lizzabeth's father, Harold Teschler, was a tall, well built man with short dark brown hair and a brown beard. His dark green eyes were glaring right at Lizzabeth. He was already dressed in his business suit for the meeting. He stood there with his arms crossed.

"Lizzabeth, you've slept in." He said in dissapointment.

She blinked. "I have? What time is it?"

Lizzabeth's father checked his watch. "It's 12 in the afternoon, the meeting will start in an hour. If you want to be able to buy some coffee from Starbucks, we'd have to leave."

"Now."

In panic, Lizzabeth jumped out from bed and ran into the bathroom. How could she be so stupid and sleep in for this long? And why hasn't her father waken her up sooner? She's so late! William could have been there the whole time she was sleeping or even worse, he already left. Maybe even thought he'd been stood up. That would be dreadful!

Lizzabeth slipped into some black skinny jeans and a designer top she got from her mother. She slipped into a thin sweater and hopped on one foot as she slipped into her favorite pair of red converse. Even though it's quite warm here in America, it'll get a while until she'll get used to it compare to cold London.

She ran her fingers through her hair to make up as a comb. And had only time to put on light make up and lip gloss before her father called out her name. Her father was impatiently tapping his foot at the door when she finally left the bathroom.

"We don't have all day Lizzabeth. I don't even know why I bothered to agree to bring you."

"I'm done! I'm done!" Lizzabeth exclaimed.

She then grabbed her phone and hotel card then raced out the door. He was about to close the door when Lizzabeth burst back into the room and came back out carrying a scarf.

She chuckled nervously at her impatient father. "Almost forgot."

Her father closed the door as he grumbled something about women and their fashionable needs. Lizzabeth wrapped the red scarf around her neck, and straightened her outfit. She hoped that William would be impressed by this.

Lizzabeth's cheeks turned red when she realized what she just thought. She shook the stupid thought away and followed her father into the elevator.

The limousine was waiting for the both of them outside the hotel. It has a long and sleek design with it's tinted black windows that don't show if anyone is even in the car. The British flag flew proudly in the warm wind. The warm Los Angeles air hit her, and she regretted wearing a scarf immediately. But she knew that she has to wear it so William know its her.

It was a short ride. Lizzabeth has only been here for a day and she has already fell in love with the city. The warm weather would be getting some used to. But there are endless of shops, many places to eat and hang out. And this is Hollywood, who knows. Maybe Lizzabeth could be discovered and it would help her in with her dream career as an actress.

So this is what Los Angeles is like, she thought. Oh how much better it seems to be than bloody old London. Maybe when she's old enough, she'll move here after college.

The limousine halted to a stop.

Her father sighed. "Well we shouldn't stay there too long. All we're getting is drinks on the go, after all."