Chapter Three

Six Months Earlier...

"Assamu Alaykum" the Emir said while entering the Queen's sitting room.

"Walaykum Assalam" replied the Jakadiya replied as she kneeled down in greetings "May you live long your Highness"

"Thank you Jakadiya, where is my Queen and how is she feeling now?" He asked, the Queen has been having severe headaches and dizziness of late.

"She is getting better Alhamdulillah, she ran into her chamber when she heard your voice" she said excitedly

"Why did she run inside, and why do you sound so excited" he asked, amused.

"May your rein be long your Highness, I have good news for you" she said, while controlling her excitement for she was before the Emir.

"Good news? Mhmm...interesting, spill it then"

"Whats my reward, as the bearer of the good news"

"Name it"

"Three cows and three rams" she said

"You have it, now tell me the good news"

"Allah has finally answered our prayers, Sarauniya is pregnant" she almost shouted while the Emir looked both shocked and excited.

"You mean my wife is pre... pregnant?" He stammered, the word feeling weird to him.

"May your reign be long your Highness, I dare not lie to you, the Queen is indeed pregnant, we comfirmed it this evening. She is three months gone, the headaches and dizziness have paid off afterall" she replied, all excitedly.

"Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah" he said aloud while raising his hands in supplication to his Lord and wearing a contented smile. "Let me go in and see her" he said while going into her room.

The Queen's room was a typical royally decorated room. It was very big and spacious, her bed was an elegant royal bed with stairs and a roof on top of it. On thd floor was a lush comfy red carpet with the design of a peacock spraying its feathers. By the left was a big traditionaly weaved mat, a couch, large beautifully designed pillows for resting, weaved hand fans and a table filled with trays of fruits ranging from apples, grapes, pineapples, mangoes, water melons, banana, oranges and the likes. By the right were 'kumbo'(stainless calabashes with covers, used for decoration), designed calabashes, weaved items and big weaved baskets which contains her clothes and Alkyabba (the royal thobe). On top of the baskets were boxes of jewelries ranging from gold, silver, pearls and beads.

"Assalam Alayki ya Habibti" the Emir said while entering the room

"Waalaykum Assalam ya Habibi" the Queen whispered her reply. She was sitting on the bed, the Emir could not help but marvel at her beauty. Even after many years of marriage, she still remained young and beautiful MashaAllah. She was dressed in a simple outfit, she was not one to wear the sophisticated Alkyabba, except when she was going out or when there was an important funtion in the palace.

The Emir came and sat beside her on the bed and placed his hands around her "Khadijah, is it true that you are pregnant?" He asked

"Yes I am" she nodded shyly. He immediately went down in supplications thanking Allah for the wonderful gift he gave them, a gift money could not buy"